Hey guys, we have had this truck for quite some time(late 80's) but I believe it was originally owned by Butler Bros Logging. It is a 1961 Euclid R18 (91FD). It has a 671 with 5 speed manual trans. We are wondering if anyone knows of any trucks or parts that are lying in a boneyard somewhere on the island or nearby? My Dad and I would like to improve it cosmetically if possible but might be interested in some mechanical parts as well. The truck is a runner but is 54 years old so it has it's aches and pains. We are specifically looking for good original doors and other cab parts but finding a three stage hydraulic cylinder that didn't hemorrhage oil would be a plus as well. If you know of anything but don't want to say on the open forum do to scrappers please send me a PM. [video=youtube;JJf9z0OUQhY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJf9z0OUQhY[/video] Thanks, Reg
Cool Full sized toy.
I ran a somewhat newer R-22 for a while with a 6-71 and an Allison. This brings back memories. Thanks.
Hate to say it but our company probably scrapped a few of them 20 years ago. I know I worked on one of them that had a Cummins instead of the more common Detroit. Also recall seeing one at one of our small plants near here that also had a Cummins but was too old to have a PT pump. I'm guessing it was a late 40's or early 1950's
I know of one sitting in town, it might have some good parts. I've sent you a pm with my number, give me a call and I will get you the details.
I guess Surespan has scrapped the ones they had? I sure loved the one they were using up here.
Thanks for the info! I got into contact with them today and they sent some pictures. It appears to have some things that are much straighter than on our truck. I guess we'll see how the prices are if they are interested in selling bits off of it. Might have to take a road trip! Reg
Is that you that posted the videos of the 1954 hauling bridge stringers and stuff? Love those videos.lol
Sure was, they even let me drive it. Really awesome guys.
I haven't driven any other larger trucks but I can imagine that any of the off highway logging trucks drive better than the Euclid we have.lol Ours has a lot of different descriptions of the truck from previous drivers scratched into the dash. None of which are PG rated. I like driving the old girl though and think it's quite fun. I guess it would be a much different story if I spent 8hrs a day in her!
The Surespan one zig-zagged all over the road, really hard to get the thing going straight. Lots of fun, though!
Good to know! Maybe ours is in "better shape" than I thought!
Good to hear that they are willing to part it out, I was thinking of asking them about a couple of unique things from it if it had any left, like badges or anything small with Euclid on it that I could hang on my shop wall - the rad shell would be cool but might be a bit big. If they suddenly decide to cut the rest of the truck up and you can't make it to town in time let me know and I will head over there and grab what you purchase.
Sounds like they may want to sell the truck as a unit but they aren't sure. Buying the whole truck is out of the question for us given how far away it is but I guess we'll see what happens. It looks to be in OK shape body wise. Our truck doesn't have the stock rad so the one with Euclid written on it would be a cool piece for sure. The doors appear to be original as well with Euclid stamped in them. They are also in much better condition than ours and really are the biggest cosmetic thing I would like to get. Too bad that someone always has to smash all of the glass out of these old things as we could have used some of that too.... Thanks for pointing us in their direction. I will keep you posted as I told them I will contact them again next week.
Sorry Hank - I only got these pics just before she went for the show
Hayesno1, Not sure if you have the original sale brochure for that R-13 I do have a copy scanned in if you would like it. Attaching one page out of the six pages.
Give Allen's Scrap and Salvage in Prince George a call - they have one sitting there.
Sorry I have not replied before kshansen and Thank you very much for your offer. It was actually Hank R. Who wanted some pictures of the truck. At present time I am not going to build a model of R-13. Your name Hansen seems to have some relations to Denmark or Norway.