Back in the fall of 84, I was assigned the task of finding and buying some used Euclid B70 belly dumps for our various sand pits. These were very hard to find by then, and the company wanted single wheels, not duals on them. I finally found 3 in Montreal Canada to but. Had them loaded on railcars and they finally made it to texas. We then had them cleaned and repainted after unloading. Also painted a little R22 Euclid we happened to have at the plant. Nice rigs back in the day, and loud, with those big Detroit diesel engines. If photos do not show up click on each individual photo to view.
Here are some photos after repainting.
Are they the same tractors Euclid used on the 6 wheeled scrapers back in the day?
I don't know, but I would bet they might be. I THINK our B70's had Detroit 12V engines, but that has been over 30 years ago.
Pretty sure I need one of those B-70's. Don't have a clue what I would do with it, besides cruise up and down my driveway, AND SOUND REAL COOL! Thanks for posting the pics.
Mowingman, looks like the same tractor that was used for the S28. https://contractormag.co.nz/classic-machines/euclid-scrapers/
I remember White Pigment Corporation, South Wallingford VT had a fleet of R22 or something that looked just like it. They were screamers! Somebody here once posted a series about a Euclid haul truck with two Detroit Diesels. I don't remember the model. In my mind I don't understand how two engines power one axle. I doubt that early they'd have been hydrostatic.
Well I don't have much info on the twin engine trucks but here is a scan of a page out of a Specification book I have: Not only did they run twin engines they also had twin transmissions! And some used two Cummins in place of the two Detroits.
The little Euclid R22 and R25 looked almost identical. At one plant, we had 2 of the R22's, and one of the R25's. I really don't know why Euclid had these two very similar models. I am thinking the R25 might have replaced the R22 in their lineup at some point. Jeff
They look so nice after the repaint man those bottom dumps would move some sand
Other than the Belly Dumps the others brought back OLD Haunting Nightmares!!! At the Quarries!
I'm looking for the cubic yard capacity of the B70's - anyone?
My "Euclid Hauler Handbook" shows the following capacities for the B70: Struck: - 47 cu yd. Heaped 3:1 -54 cu yd. Heaped 2:1 -62 cu yd.
I Think AFC still has some on the Slope. Just saw an ad in a paper that shows them. Looks like some are painted yellow now.
My sources say AFC has a total of 32 of the B70's up there. And thank you VERY MUCH for the CY capacity!
Those are Eucapillars ,they have Cat engines in them. Bob
I'm fairly sure that those same B70s are still working at the MSI sand pit near Cleburne...I saw some there back in 2009.
I would not be surprised. Our company had 7 or 8 of them in the north Texas area back in the 80's. Both of the plants that had them back then, do not have the B70's now, as far as I can see in Google air photos. As hard as they were to find, I bet they are part of that old fleet.
AFC/Nanuq has all the B70s in Prudhoe now. I'd guess about 40 of them that are ready to go. Maybe other parts machines as well.
Yes. CAT 3406/C15 re-powered and painted CAT yellow.