I have just purchased an aftermarket Dr.Ex scan tool. The connector matches the manual's picture, but I can not find a corresponding connector on the machine ( EX 100-3 "Gray machine") It s supposed to behind the operator's seat. There is a connector that looks like a communication connection but it is not a match to the scan tool . /ATTACH] Is there another location for the connector or is ther an adapter I need ??? murry
Is it a 4 pin plug on your scan tool? The plug on the older EX range was usually located in the harness the goes up to the R/H arm rest. If you look at the top picture it's usually located at the top left of your hand
Thanks Gary, the top pic is the two on the scan tool one for Dr EX and the other for the Dr, ZX I assume . The four pin is what my manual suggests. Her is a picture of a four connector that is in the right arm control , it is a four pin but it does not fit and that is why I assumed it is not the one. does this look like the one? If it is in fact the correct one I will have to make an adapter.
The last picture with the armrest is the correct one, had the same problem, because the lock pin of connector is backward, when they recreated scanner they must have used a connector that was"close enough" turn the connector around 180 and plug it in it will work. There is a procedure for clearing codes that is not in the scanner.
thanks D.D. Do I understand ,you simply turn the connector so that the locking tab is to the opposite side that it normally would be and the wiring will work out as well and it won't fry my scan tool ? I emailed the supplier of the scan tool all they said was to make sure I used the correct connector, not much help. my scan tool was purchased from China so anything is possible with the connectors I guess.
You got it, worked for me, I am pouring over the ex100-3 manual as we speak to figure out my problem, got mine from china and it worked well, I got PDA version. I was in same boat last week and got frustrated, turned over connector and crossed fingers and worked for me.
D.D I also have the PDA set up. I'll list my issues that I hoped the scan tool would reveal Note: all indicator lights are working and operation lights on EC and PVC both flashing to indicate no problems with their operation. 1. travel modes do not change but indicators do 2. work mode does not change bu indicator does 3. when giving full power to bucket during a dig it will stall engine before going to bypass if I hold control lever I suspect that the swash plate on the pump is not moving to decrease pump flow for some reason,could be a faulty driver motor, faulty sensor signal, no communications between system components , I don't know. I first need to pull any codes. In my manual it says that the system does not show codes for the sensors but it can perform a sensor check. If these are similar problems to yours keep me posted mwg
Sounds like problem 1 sounds like is the solenoid for travel speed, 3 maybe an N sensor 2 if I remember correctly manual has a work mode trouble tree Mine showed codes it saw as problems but if a sensor has a thermal breakdown and is marginal it may not recognize a problem. Mine will not pull full relief pressure in any circuit, has a new main relief and inspected unloader valve, not to mention numerous failed sensors over the years.
D.D. here is a pic of my scan tool, is it similar to your's.the connectors matde up the way you suggested but I didn't power it up yet.
thanks D.D thanks for help, I connected as instructed loaded the codes. I showed a 28 code (P sensor) , replaced the sensor and it appears the travel speed and the dig modes are working as designed. I would never of thought to revers the connector.