Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EX 120-5 weak track

RobVG ยท 2013-07-01 14:59

We have a 120 that has a track that started to get weak last summer. It's doing it again when it gets hot. Now I hear if the operator presses on one pedal, occasionally the other track starts to turn. I'm guessing the swivel needs to be repacked but thought I check with you guys if it could be something else. Thanks, Rob

Replies4
  1. #1ddigger2013-07-01 17:28

    I think your right about the swivel.

  2. #2sk1202013-07-01 17:34

    Use genuine seals only. Non genuine is a waste of time.

  3. #3RobVG2013-07-01 21:04

    Thanks for the replies. Copy that. They're proud of them though. Did one years ago that was leaking externally and back then I think they were almost $500. We'll see.

  4. #4ANDREW C2013-07-02 01:14

    We have been putting in reman ones because with rebuild costs and parts you are so close to a reman anyway. I pulled a couple of my first ones apart to rebuild them and found the top seal area was damaged from dirt and would need rechroming to make it seal. Mind you they were filling the tub with oil on those and not loosing fluid between the seals.