What is the weight class of a ex 120?? I ask because I found a great deal on a manual thumb for it, I think? the seller said it is for a 30-40K machine. I can get it for about 1k delivered. It is new, but was tacked on to a machine, then removed for a smaller one. It is 48" long thanks I need to make up my mind quick because this deal will not last long!!
120 weight class It should be 12 metric tons. 2240 Lbs per ton i think. I just bought a 160 class and it weighs about 38,000 lbs.
What kind of machine do you have? My 120 weighs around 33,000 with blade, thumb and rubber on triples. Most 120's will weigh slightly less. That thumb is on the heavy side for a 120 in general.
I have a Hitachi ex 120-2 It has a 30" bucket What do you mean by "It seem heavy" Is it two big? I definitaly do not need one two big, I will only use it once and a wile.What size is your thumb? thanks Dan
I have a fleco on this machine. Your Hitachi weighs around 30,000 LBS., +/-. So you are right on the minimum. You won't break the thumb, but the weight on the end of your stick is the only consideration, and how that weight is multiplied when it acts on your swing.
That is exactly what I want, not to be a PITA with all the questions but, were and how much, what model was your thumb ,I am only using it for light, demo, stumps and rocks, so I dont need overkill. I would like to stay under $1500
I cannot remember the model because I am getting old. I will check it on Tuesday and post it here - I already wrote it in my book so as not to forget.
any one else know the weight of a hitachi 120-2 I need to make a decition tonight, thanks guys If it is just under 30K lbs I will probley pass this deal up, because I dont want any extra weight that I dont need!!!
I will post a link to get a thumb for you tonight.... Also here is how most machines are classified 120-12 metric tons 135 13.5 metric tons 160 16.o metric tons etc........ 200 20.0 metric tons cat: 312 series 3 12 metric tons 315 series 3 15 metric tons 318 .......... 18 metric tons etc etc
so how come the machines always way more then the classification on them? like a 315 is said to be 38,000?
Thank you, that makes sense to me now, using your conversions My 120 is about 27K so that tells me that this thumb is two big for my machine. I have found the corect thumb, new for about $1500 shipped, but if you got a link for one I will look at that two thanks again:notworthy
www.excavatorthumb.com We have one and it works well, slaps a bit in the stored position, but for the money it is well worth it.
well a metric ton is ~2240lbs so with that said...315,15 metric ton multiplied by 2240lbs =33600. So that is a good question.......maybe that is the base machine weight?? Does anyone else want to chime in on this.I just hate to "spout off" about something when I just dont know all of the cold hard facts.....
Not to get off the subject, but who makes the thumb that is manual and works off the bucket linkage?