Does anyone know the proper way to adjust the Pump Angle sensors on an EX-550-5? The Hitachi book is a little vague on this procedure. It looks like you cannot set them using a breakout harness and volt meter like on the smaller machines. The book says to set them using the Dr EX but it shows the spec as being in cc/rev. When I plug in my Dr EX I get an amperage reading instead. I've noticed that since having the Dr EX updated for the Zaxis models a few years ago that some other things also changed in the -2,3 and 5 model readings. Just wondering if there is an updated procedure for this. Thanks.
I don't know the answer to your question but it sounds like you need a flow meter to set that angle. The problem is they all read in gallons per minute in this country and I don't know how you could convert that to CC/REV. Where did you get your Dr. EX updated at? I have an early unit that the software went dead on and no one would give me the time of day. :beatsme
drzx or ex interface cable i am having the same problem cant seems to get one, no one seem to no the corcet part number or were i can get a used one need help in finding cable either for drzx or ex
John, what type of Dr EX do you have? The newer version is a square box approx. 5" x 7" and it covers -2,3 and 5s and I was able to have it updated to the first Zaxis models. The older versions were somewhat smaller, they fit in the palm of your hand and only work on -2s and 3s. If it is one of the older versions then I don't think they are fixable anymore. As far as how to get things like this, go find a dealer that's outside of your local dealers sales area. I've found that most dealers that I've dealt with will sell you almost anything as long as you're not going to use it to compete against them.
drdx interface cable i had the older one that fit in d plam of your hand i will try some more dealers to c what i come up with,is there any way of working around that box.or any ting out there u coud get to work in place of it
John, Re you running a Palm PDA or is it the EX diagonistic box. If it is the EX, throw away and get Palm PDA with DRZX fitted, it covers EX2,3,5, ZX-1 and now ZX-3. I can help if you need Palm
I've got the old big box in the black plastic case for the EX machines. Tell me more about the Palm. Can the software be run on any other PDA? What am I looking at for cost?
Hi John, Hitachi replaced DREX with Palm/Sony PDA's which can be loaded with software now know as DRZX. This covers previous machines series 2,3,5, ZX-1 and now ZX-3. The software is available as Customer version or Dealer version. Most Hitachi dealers will sell you the customer version which has limited access and ability to change parameters. I have a unit listed on e-bay if your interested.
Hi obrian, Do you still need cable for DREX/ZX?
drex/zx cable yes i still need that cable already got my sonypda with soft wear on it let me no the cost an coud u post a picture of it
Hi, I only use the Palm due to ZX-3 software only being designed for Palm PDA's. Previous versions of software were designed to work with Palm & Sony PDA's. I can offer you the communication cable but you will need to purchase a serial cable for the Sony Clie PEG-TJ25. Send me an e-mail and I will forward the document showing necesary tools and cable connections. My e-mail: [email protected]