I may sound dumb, but here goes. I just bought an International 5 yard dump, ex military, diesel, with an Allison 5 speed automatic trans. It runs and dumps very well. I am trying to find all the grease fittings and any info I can on maintenance, models, etc. The fellow I bought it from doesn't have any info to help me, other than he bought it at a GSA sale somewhere. I have been operating equipment and owning hoes and trucks for years, but this is my first diesel 5 yard and first Allison auto transmission. I don't want to screw it up. Any manuals or suggestions ? please email [email protected]
Welcome to the forum tomhuck. Them old military Internationals with the Allison should not be attempted to be run by any but the most experienced old fools of that era. I think you should make arraignments to send it my way to save youself. Oh Heck, I just noticed it May 1st, not April 1st. Seriously, they were good trucks. Just look for the normal moving parts for greese fittings. What engine is in it? V8 Int diesel? Hvae you searched Ebay for manuals? I'm sure most everything would be the same on a civilian model. The Allison model numbr should be on the build tag usually at the bottom of the door. A book should be available on eBay for that also. Dont forget to post pictures. You may need three posts first to do so.