Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EX100-5 engine stalls

Faridul Islam ยท 2022-09-22 14:34

I have a ex100-5 since 6 month, when i bought it it runs perfect, Suddenly its having problem about slow running and engine stalls, When i pull liver in small amount then work slowly but when i pull full liver engine totally stalls and smoke black badly, then when i leave the liver engine come back fully fine, Can anyone solve this? Thank you

Replies4
  1. #1Deere tech2022-09-29 04:22

    Fuel filters or fuel supply issues where the fuel lin is plugged between the tank and the engine. Most likely in a banjo fitting.

  2. #2Faridul Islam2022-10-14 04:44

    I have checked fuel line, Its fine

  3. #3Welder Dave2022-10-14 13:56

    Need a little more history on the issue. A few places to check for proper fuel flow and/or pressure. When we're the fuel filters last changed? When was the air filter last changed? Is the fuel cap venting properly? Your problem sure seems like a fuel supply issue. A plugged air filter can cause similar issues. It could be a combination of both.

  4. #4Delmer2022-10-14 14:10

    If it's blowing black smoke while it's stalling, I'd guess it's a hydraulic problem rather than a fuel shortage problem. I don't know the hydraulics so I can't help you there. Did you inspect the banjo bolt? do you understand "banjo bolt"? could be an americanism.