Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ex120-2 jerky, need help

franco ยท 2012-10-03 20:58

Good day to all. Firstly I would like to praise these threads.They have been very educational. I have a 1992 EX120-2 hitachi excavator which when closing the bucket ram it is jerky (sticks and releases),also has this response when using the tracking pedals. Does anyone have some advice on which area i should change or inspect?.(solenoids,hydraulic pump,spool valve,etc) Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Replies7
  1. #1shopguy2012-10-03 21:29

    stop go stop go on the travel was a bad new (china) dp sensor on mine

  2. #2franco2012-10-06 11:50

    Thanks,shopguy. Is there a place where I can buy a good used/new - dp sensor at a reasonable price?

  3. #3shopguy2012-10-06 12:24

    I would check the voltage on it first if you need help to do that let me know

  4. #4franco2012-10-07 12:16

    Will do,I would like some help to know if my dp sensor is good.

  5. #5shopguy2012-10-07 12:44

    Put a digital voltmeter between the middle (siginal) wire of the DP harness (+) and machine ground (-) ,Look for .40 volts (key on not running) Then start it up look for 4.9volts (running all levers in neutral)

  6. #6franco2012-10-07 12:51

    thank you,I do this procedure tomorrow and let you know how it turns out. Is there anything else I should look into whilst testing?

  7. #7franco2012-11-08 20:35

    hi shop guy,i have been out on work sites i have now replaced the dp sensor machine is no more jerky but now very slow. what should i check now?