Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ex120-2 throttle issues

NHyeti12 · 2019-07-07 20:29

I have a 120-2 that is having a problem with the electronic throttle, turn the key on the stepping motor makes a loud humming noise an machine will crank but wont start. Shut machine off then rack the linkage the full throttle an machine will start in power mode with light on for power mode (I know not good for machine). Throttle will step down with the buttons but if you try to turn power up it only goes down an wont shut off with key sometimes. I’ve replaced the stepping motor an the throttle position sensor with no change. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Replies6
  1. #1thepumpguysc2019-07-08 04:42

    When u replace those parts, the system has to "learn" the throttle travel.. Its called calibration.. I don't know the procedure but others on here do.. Hang in there, helps coming.. OR do a search on here for throttle calibration.. Its something like> turn the key on 15x, stand on 1 leg & hop in a circle clockwise.. you get my drift..

  2. #2John C.2019-07-08 11:07

    I don't recall a calibration procedure for a dash 2. Problem is likely in processor or wiring. Manually racking the linkage can cause big problems in the processor.

  3. #3uffex2019-07-08 12:42

    Good day I would endorse Johns comments paying particular attention to any play in the linkage. kind regards uffex

  4. #4thepumpguysc2019-07-08 14:33

    "swing & a miss"..

  5. #5Ronsii2019-07-08 18:16

    Also those control panels take a beating and get stuff spilled in them a lot so don't be surprised if one or more of the switches in the console is bad/shorting/etc... or the board in there is having shorting issues.... I personally would pull it and give it a good examination and cleaning

  6. #6Mbar2019-07-08 21:07

    Send me your email in a pm and I send you the testing land re learn procedures. I just went through this mess on a -3. It’s a bit much to explain