This Hitachi EX120 was a victim of the recent heat wave in Ireland.
And this would be why we don't mix alcohol and operating? :stirthepot
Looks like it got a little too close to the burn pile.
Too close to the burn pile and the EX120 hydraulics-go-dead syndrome hits.
Another reason to have a good fire extinguisher on hand. Maybe they did, I don't know. Makes me think, maybe I should mount a second one somewhere outside of the cab.
The story I was told was that the operator was on the phone and next thing he noticed all the smoke coming from behind him. He jumped out and ran away from the machine. He then realised that he left his phone in the cab and went back for it. There was no fire extinguisher so it was the fire brigade who had to put it out. It was out in the middle of a bog so they did well to get to it at all.
That's too bad for the machine. If I were the operator, I will not back for my phone because it's to harmful.
Some people wont give up their smart phone easy