Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ex200-2 parts needed

Bremcoe ยท 2013-10-10 20:32

Hey guys, I'm trying to source out some parts for my 1992 ex200-2. Looking for the PVC computer and all the wiring harnesses. Cab, hyd pump and engine harness. I was quoted 8500$ After tax from Wajax today. Can anyone point me in a different direction as far as pricing? Shaun 604 329 nine two seven two. Any help is very much appreciated!

Replies9
  1. #1GregD12013-10-10 23:14

    Unfortunatly that price isn`t far off for a new box and harness. The cab harness plugs in under the cab and the rest of the machine is all one harness. At least the last one I rewired was that way. For that vintage of a machine you may be lucky to get one. Have you tried some of the used parts places ? Do a search for dismantled machines. How sure are you that your PVC box is bade ?

  2. #2Bremcoe2013-10-11 00:09

    The LED indicator is no longer flashing on the PVC box. Checked all the local equipment wreckers, no luck yet.

  3. #3excavator2013-10-11 00:46

    I have a new, in box EX200-3 wiring harness. It's a bit different in the control valve area,I don't remember exactly what, I will have to check my books. I'm only about an hour from you depending of course on the border. As far as the PVC goes, any PVC from an EX120-2 or -3 on up to an EX300-3 or a Deere 490E up to 892E will work fine.

  4. #4GregD12013-10-11 06:46

    The lack of the flashing light is not a death signal. I would suggest powering the box according to the schematic, when you find it at the power in wires. If no light appears, then I would say you have a bad box. As far as any of the above mentioned boxes will fit. Are they the same part number and show the model they were meant for on the tag ? If not use them at your own risk as you will burn them up REAL quick as soon as you turn the key on.

  5. #5cutting edge2013-10-11 08:26

    the PVC will also shut itself off if there is a dead short in the 5 volt circuit.

  6. #6excavator2013-10-11 12:13

    GregD1, I've switched different model PVCs in Dash 2 and 3 Hitachis many times without any issues at all. For years I had one out of a 120-2 that I used for a test unit and would leave it in the machine until the new one arrived. Had a 220-2 running on a 490E unit for a long time. I've installed -3 units in -2 machines. Each model PVC has a different part number and they all are set differently. BUT, in my experience, no operator could tell that I had installed a different model PVC in their machine and never did one burn up.

  7. #7Bremcoe2013-10-11 13:15

    you guys have been a great amount of help! I'll test this computer and see what happens

  8. #8Bremcoe2013-10-11 14:14

    so I sourced out all the parts from hong kong. computer, cab harness engine harness and hyd pump harness shipped to my door with 1 year warrenty $2377.00. im going to test the computer I have to find out its status before I buy one.

  9. #9GregD12013-10-11 22:44

    I`m glad your boxes worked. I have seen 3 machines over the years from guys using different boxes that were not originally intended for them. You pay your money, you take yor chances. I`m sure there are a lot of boxes that will interchange. It just won`t happen in my machine. Yes you are correct the 3 wire 5 volt sensore will shut off the PVC as an internal circuit breaker if you would.