Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EX200-3 Hydraulic Pump Conversion Kit

terry roddenberry · 2019-01-06 21:59

Hello this is my first post and i need some help i dont type much so when i screw up try to look over it thanks. Ok my problem is i bought a conversion kit it did not have instructions thy say thy cant get instructions an i have searched everywhere. I have read thru the forums an see where people have installed them an thy work great but no one tells where it all goes i think i can figure out where the hoses go but no idea about springs /plungers/shims. I will pay someone for a copy of instructions i need to get it going thanks for any help. The pump is a HPV091ew / RE23A . thanks terry

Replies49
  1. #1Pete Dirt2019-01-10 00:39

    We are in the middle of installing a conversion kit on a EX200-2, ordered on eBay with english instructions. The instructions aren't the best, but if I can find a way, I'll send them to you. But now the pump remains at full stroke and we are searching for information to change that. The suppler tells us to hire a local engineer. Does anyone know how to reduce the stroke?

  2. #2uffex2019-01-10 03:50

    Good day Trying to follow the thread to see if we can help a couple of questions I assume we are talking Hitachi ? pump conversion not sure what or why ? From Petes post I guess we are talking regulation ? Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3terry roddenberry2019-01-10 05:25

    Hello yes mine is a Hitachi EX200-3 the kit bypasses the electronics an makes the hyd. pump work manual. thanks

  4. #4terry roddenberry2019-01-10 08:05

    Hello i found an old thread that may help you ( HeavyEquipmentForums ) If you have instructions could you please send to my email ( [email protected] ) i have another guy coming Saturday to try his luck it would help to have something i have nothing to go by. thanks terry

  5. #5Pete Dirt2019-01-10 23:10

    These are the instructions for the spring, plunger, shims, there is supposed to be one shim above and one below the thick part of the plunger then add for more pressure remove for less. The small plunger is only for some machines. I found no place for the small heavy spring. The hoses go a fair bit different on the200-2 than on the 200-3 Thanks Ron.

  6. #6terry roddenberry2019-01-11 11:25

    Thanks that is a lot more than i had maybe we can get it put on now . Did you get your's working right?

  7. #7Ray Moores2019-01-16 21:35

    Pete, We too are in the middle of a conversion to manual controls on a hitachi EX-200. Unfortunately our kit came with no instructions and no hoses. That said, I think I have been able to glean enough information on the net to get it mostly put together. I was wondering if you figured out the problem with your machine. I ask because after looking at your pictures, I wonder if we plumbed into the wrong port up by the control valve by the differential pressure sensor. After some very hazy instructions, we ended up concluding that the hose going to the control valve should go to the inside port. Part of me wonders if you are still having problems if that could be your problem. However, if you have better instructions we may be wrong. Would love some insight as to how you determined which port to plug into. We have to still build the hoses and put oil into the machine so we will likely find out tomorrow if we messed this up. Thanks, Ray

  8. #8terry roddenberry2019-01-17 06:18

    D you have a ex200-2 or a ex200-3?

  9. #9Ray Moores2019-01-17 11:26

    Ours is a ex200-2.

  10. #10Ray Moores2019-01-17 18:21

    For whatever it is worth we built the hoses and put oil in the machine today and it seems to work fine. We still have to put some shields on before we can move the machine and really work it. So the jury is still out on all the details. We ended up with the hose on top going to the opposite port as the one in Pete's post above.

  11. #11Pete Dirt2019-01-19 17:24

    We got a mechanic in he looked the diagrams over and changed 1 hose around. Then he said that the linkage in our pump was loose so the pump stuck at full stroke, we should add a washer or two to the plate at the bottom of the pump to move it up from full stroke. We started the machine, it was stroking less but still too hard. Took the long spring out of the top between the pump and the regulator, then it's not stroking enough. We're looking for a lighter spring. I'll drop some pics how the plumbing is now. Are we doing the right thing?

  12. #12typ42019-01-24 13:35

    Do they have anything like this for JD790e??

  13. #13Pete Dirt2019-01-28 14:13

    I heard or read that it didn't work for the John Deere's because the computer also added power to the engine at full load. There might be a work around for that.

  14. #14Ray Moores2019-01-28 14:45

    Pete, everything looks like our routing. We are still having problems with our machine having a little too much power at the pump but generally it is running about right. We are wondering if we change a couple shims if that might fix our issues.

  15. #15typ42019-01-29 16:56

    Curious, how long have these conversion kits been out. And did they sole the original issue on the hitachis? I would love to try one on our deere 790E. Boss is done with this machine but it works so damn good when it did work.

  16. #16Bigdavis412020-07-05 22:54

    Conversion kit instructions PDF

  17. #17uffex2020-07-06 03:22

    Did it work Ok for you ?

  18. #18Bigdavis412020-07-06 07:58

    Still working on it just got instructions yesterday bought it that came with no instructions. I'll keep you posted

  19. #19uffex2020-07-06 09:03

    Thanks

  20. #20Lex Carter2020-07-29 23:21

    Did you find the port on the back side of control valve. I can not find the port shown in the instructions i have. EX120 2

  21. #21Lex Carter2020-08-02 16:12

    Here i am sharing pump conversion instructions for EXCX120 1 2 EX200 123

  22. #22Bigdavis412020-08-02 21:30

    Installing on a John Deere 490E the pump is the same as hatchi 120 but the control valves are alittle different don't have the port instructions shows to hook to

  23. #23Charles642020-10-01 08:41

    I have a 200-3 and installed the conversion kit as the instructions told me to, as best I could figure, (really bad instructions) and when I started the machine it will slow idle only under max load, move any valve and it stalls. I took out the spring on top of the new control piston and engine runs fine but got slow power, I then put the spring back in and still only have slow power, tracks will only go in slowest speed whatever speed I select. After I took the spring out and tried it the piston that is above the spring came out, I slid it back up in with the spring back in but it does not go to full load like before I tried it with the spring out, something changed when I tried it with the spring removed. anyone know what might be going on here? Opening track valves should call for more pump stroke but it doesn't.

  24. #24William Ferguson2021-05-01 02:10

    It works

  25. #25Braden2021-07-18 17:28

    I have a 200-2 put the pump conversion on and solved most of the problem MS but not my hydraulic oil temp is through the roof has anyone else had this problem

  26. #26Rafik Manzah2021-08-05 16:59

    Hi did finally work for you? If yes can you share pictures? I ex200-3 and still trying to install the conversion kit

  27. #27Rafik Manzah2021-08-05 17:02

    Did it finally work for you? I am struggling to get my ex200-3 to work with the kit

  28. #28Rafik Manzah2021-08-05 17:04

    Do you have instructions/pics for EX200Lc-3?

  29. #29Rafik Manzah2021-08-05 17:10

    Hi can you share your conversation instructions or pics with me? I am struggling to get the kit to work on my ex200-3

  30. #30renato fabale jr.2021-08-20 19:46

    how i think you should not remove the spring because its purpose is to position the swash plate at full stroke before you reach the cut off pressure. try cutting a little lenght of the spring to lessen the pressure exerted by the spring to the swashplate thereby reducing also the cut off pressure of the pump consequently, reducing the load carried by the engine. it will reduce the max pressure but it will not stall the engine.

  31. #31Fiat 80 902022-07-19 20:16

    Hi just ordered my conversion kit for ex 100-2, was looking up diagrams for installing and i noticed the bottom stopper at the bottom of the pump is'nt shown in the 120 or 100 diagram, just the 200. is it required and if so what does it do???

  32. #32kimojames2023-05-15 14:50

    I have an ex-200 with auto idle and all the electronics. Does the conversion kit come with a new manual throttle cable also?

  33. #33smithmoto2023-10-28 16:16

    Would you be willing to walk me through the install I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but everything wants to work but just not enough pressure to move and thing

  34. #34JFulton4222024-09-10 20:48

    Can anyone give me a long term report after installing a conversion kit for the Hitachi ex200-2 hydraulic control from electronic to hydraulic? Issues encountered? What brand/supplier for kit? Any electronic issues after conversion? Thanks!

  35. #35drocha2024-09-11 15:47

    Hi all , by any chance Common Coupler Styles for Hitachi ZX50 and ZW80 in the USA?

  36. #36Cryil Noble2024-10-01 16:33

    HI, i have a 1993 hitachi ex200-3 and i installed the conversion kit maybe 5 years ago, i am overall disappointed with it, i am a mechanical person and i have tryed a lot of ideas to improve this kit, but it still trys to pump too much oil and causes the engine to dye out , removing washers from the plunger and springs inside the unit is supposed to fix this overstroking issue but it doesn't. i do believe that the unit has potential ,but there is very little knowledge off how it works out there to get advice and share experiences. i wish i could communicate with others that are trying to improve italso. right now with all the washers taken out is the best time my machine is, but there are differences in the individual functions which i dont understand. my bucket curl and my stick boom are good and dont stall the engine but everything else does. when loading a dump truck i can dig easily but when i need to lift and swing simultainously the engine dys out very fast ,and the tracks are killing the engine still . Unless u can find a way to get knowledge and advice from someone that understands this system it can be a big headache.

  37. #37Cryil Noble2024-10-01 16:36

    my kit did`t come with a throttle lever and cable , i took it off an old John deer log harvester. i have tried and tried but mine is still overstroking on some functions

  38. #38Cryil Noble2024-10-01 16:38

    i dont have an oil heating issue, but even with all washers removed it is still dying out ,whats wierd is that my bucket and stick boom are fine , is there any adjustment to individual functions that u know off?

  39. #39Cryil Noble2024-10-01 16:42

    did u ever get the 200-3 to work with the conversion kit?

  40. #40tree man2024-11-28 09:06

    I have a 490e john deere can someone please help me to find installation instructions preferred in English for the conversion kit

  41. #41Cryil Noble2024-11-30 16:45

    i have been told that these kits dont work with Deere machines something about the electronically controlled engines. the kit is not the answer that some folks think it is ,mine has been trouble ever since i installed it on my ex200-3

  42. #42tree man2025-01-16 20:56

    We're you able to make it work ? I have a 490e also and I followed the pictures I think my problem is where the line that leaves the pump and goes to the manifold the new valve on has a release hole in the end and I don't think that's right the one I took out had one at the bottom and one above the lower O rings I don't think it's letting enough pressure bypass

  43. #43tree man2025-01-16 21:07

    What john deere do you have mine is a 490e

  44. #44mgray2025-06-10 00:19

    Would like to know if you got your ex200-3 conversion kit working properly. If so do you have any pictures on hose routing, spring modifications ,ect.

  45. #45Heli2025-08-06 08:53

    Доброго времени суток! Установил комплект переоборудования на hitachi ex200-2 согласно инструкции. Не могу настроить, чтоб работало. Душит двигатель! Любая операция джойстик до упора, двигатель мгновенно глохнет. Может кто сталкивался с этой проблемой?

  46. #46Cryil Noble2025-08-06 09:15

    Sorry Heli , but i can only read english , thanks for reply

  47. #47Heli2025-08-06 09:20

    Добрый день! Установил комплект для переоборудования на Hitachi ex200-2 согласно инструкции. Но не могу запустить. Двигатель глушит! Любое движение джойстика до предела приводит к мгновенной остановке двигателя. Кто-нибудь сталкивался с такой проблемой?

  48. #48Cryil Noble2025-08-08 04:14

    Hi , were u able to find a lighter spring to hopefully cause your ex200 to come back from full stroke? I have the exact same issue with my ex200-3 , all washers removed and still overstroking , want to try a lighter spring . Down in the bottom off the pump where the stroke stopper is ,I wonder what would be the effect if that stopper was made higher so the strike would have to stop before maxing out? Would u mind letting me know where u found a little lighter spring for that valve ? Thanks

  49. #49Heli2025-08-09 18:11

    Привет! Я установил комплект Hitachi ex200-2 по инструкции. Но не могу его активировать. Двигатель глохнет! Если переместить джойстик до упора, двигатель сразу же остановится. Кто-нибудь сталкивался с такой проблемой?