Hey Guys, Just in the last few weeks my EX200-5 has been leaking fuel quite badly where the 6 fuel lines enter the the injector pump. I phoned the dealer and was told there are no seals that can be replaced there rather that the injector pump has to be removed and the mating surfaces, (where the lines meet injector pump flange) need to be re faced. Has anyone had the same problem and know how to deal with it?
JON, its a common problem..the orings get hard and they leak..there are also copper delivery valve gaskets under there too.. You got the "CLASSIC" answer when you called the dealer... call a pump shop...they may come out and fix it while its still on the engine..I know I have..OR you may have to deliver the equipment to them..either way..it going to be ALOT cheaper than a new pump.
Thanks, will look into it.
You're probably find that it is the O rings leaking which can be replaced on site. However the leak is usually caused by corrosion by water (from rain) sitting on top of these O rings. by simply replacing them it may work for a while but we have found that they need to be refaced so the O ring will sit in a new spot and seal.
YES, I'v seen it too.. Not very common here in the states on Zexel pumps, but it does happen. The WORST are Macks[Bosch P7100/8500] and JD[Bosch 3000 series] I'v come-up with a "field service fix" for the Macks that works 99.9% of the time, without getting the housing sleeved. There isnt enough room in the Zexel oring bore[barrel] for an additional oring tho..[wink,wink]
Hi. I'm a "new" guy (and I can't post a new thread, only reply)... I have a Komatsu PC45-1R and the fuel pump has a bit of oil seeping along the bottom edge of it. It appears as though someone has applied sort of sealer to it in the past. The "drip" is manageable right now but if it gets worse, how difficult is it to find a replacement? New, rebuilt, used? General pricing?
Hi I am also new and seem to have the same problem posting, I have a hitachi ex200-2 with about fifty problems which iI desparately needs help in solving but I want to deal with this one first. (THE BOOM) Lifting it in the air is very smooth no problem but on the way back down its very rough the machine shakes and bow forward.