Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EX200 A-sensor replacement

chickenminer ยท 2022-08-17 15:10

Quick ? .... I'm replacing the A-sensor on my 200-3. When I adjust the A-sensor for proper voltage, are the pump displacement solenoids suppose to be disconnected so pump is at max displacement ? Book is not clear on this. Thanks !

Replies4
  1. #1Jason Klassen2022-08-17 20:15

    I have a 120-2 but the procedure should be the same. In my manual it said to disconnect the pump displacement solenoids, start the machine and wait 4 minutes for the pump angle to fall to maximum. Then shut it off and with key on engine off, back probe the angle sensor plug and rotate the sensor until you get 4.40V + or - 0.05V. You probably don't have to wait the whole 4 minutes, I'm sure you will hear the engine bog down when the pump falls to max displacement.

  2. #2chickenminer2022-08-18 01:01

    Thanks for the feedback !

  3. #3mg23612022-08-18 05:06

    For what it is worth, my procedure states: Disconnect the pump solenoids, start engine, wait 3-4 minutes, then adjust while the engine is still running. I think it is done that way to ensure the pump says at maximum stroke. If you shut it down to adjust, there is the possibility that the pump could move a little towards the destroke direction.

  4. #4chickenminer2022-08-18 12:59

    MG, Thanks. My book also states keep the engine running at idle. It just didn't state to disconnect the pump solenoids.