Have bought an EX200LC and could use some help. The unit will be used here on the farm. The data plate has been removed and the best I can determin the year is by the motor number(6BDITPQ) I think it a 1990. Im in need of a service manual and a key. It had been used on another farm and alot of shade tree work done on it. I have had the hydr motor rebuilt and there are a lot of bugs sill in the machine that Im tring to work thru. I was will be glad to pay someone (within reason) for a copy of their key and manual. I sure I will be posting alot for some advise of the snart ones on here since Im not. To start with can someone tell me it the unit is a -2 or what. Thanks ahead of time for your time and may God Bless all.................
John Deere and Hitachi excavators all use the same key. If you don't have either dealer handy you can get a set cheap on ebay.
wilko,,,,,thanks for the info. we have a JD dealer close(45 miles) Ill check with them.. Is there a specific key or will all JD keys work such as farm tractors?
Its the double sided key not single sided john deere key for tractors .
I believe it is considered an "H800" key. It is used in their excavators and older wheel loaders.
Thanks to all,,,,I believe I have located one, will know tomorrow. Can anyone confirm that it is a -2 by the engine number 6BDITPQ ? Any info on a CD, or download, or used service manual, (cd or download due to cost)?
What kind of throttle does it have? lever -1 buttons -2 & 3 knob -5
throttle leaver
I think that would be a plain 200 also called a -1,there is a member here ( Tool King) that has a lot of info on cd send him a pm.You can get books at johndeeretechinfo.com Hope this helps.
Thanks for the lead shopguy. I sentthe PM and waiting for a reply. This is a big start for me. Really looking forward to getting started.Ive got a bunch of work to get done (hopefully)?
On the Isuzu Engine valve cover, they have a code on the serial number label that would read AJ/JA (Or something similar). This is the manufacture date of the engine. The code starts at "A" and ends in "J", you place a zero at "A", a 1 at "B" and so on, and match the letters to numbers to get the engine build date. (I could be wrong on the starting number for "A"-it could start 1 at A and so on, looking at the code logically, you should be able to figure out what is realistic) Also, the serial number of the machine should be stamped in the frame in between the boom cylinders. With the serial #, I might be able to determine the model #.
On the engine valve cover there is a AE/JA.
Found the numbers,,,thanks excavatorware and all others for the help........Still looking for a set of CD/ downloadable manuals..... I was talking to another person today who ownes a Link Belt,,,,he suggested that I might want to consider bypassing all the electronic control systems I could. This was because its so old and will never leave this farm untill truly scrap..... Can this be done? Any comments pro or con? The guy stated that he had done that to his Link Belt. He installed a screw type throttle except temp gage.....
I just want to thank all for the help. Tool King is going to hook me up with the manuals. Im sure Im going to need so more advise and help from you guys as I work thru this. This is what makes the forum so good. Thanks again.......May God Bless All and America.