Hello everyone, my ex300lc-3 lost high speed travel. Just wondering where to start looking? Sensor, relay, etc. Also looking for good service manual and diagnostics books. Are the John Deere manuals for the 892 any better than the hitachi version? If so what would be the proper model of Deere would cross over to my ex300lc-3? Thank you
A Deere 892E crosses to a Hitachi ex300lc-3 . To enable high speed travel the pump valve controller looks for - the propel pressures to be relatively low , IIRC approx 2000 psi or lower. - both tracks in operation - NO dig functions in operation With auto idle on , Does the engine speed increase from idle to full throttle when you use any dig AND OR any propel function. That simple check would confirm the required pilot pressure switches and circuits are functioning properly for the last 2 items.
Yes, in my opinion, the Deere manuals are far better than the Hitachi manuals. There are some significant changes between the EX300-2 and the -3, in the Deere manual you will see a lower and higher serial number break corresponding to the -2 or -3.
Good point excavator. In the Deere world the 892E serial break 10999 and below is a -2 . 11000 and up is a -3 . Ignore what I said about both tracks required to be in operation . I believe this is the last Deere/ Hitachi series where you could cycle time rabbit speed on one raised track
Thank you for your help, come to think of it the auto idle hasn’t been working properly…. It will sometimes cut to idle while under load so we will run the machine under the manual throttle buttons. Would that be the issue? I press the “P” button for full power but it won’t increase the travel speed.
When the auto idle is malfunctioning as you described, will the engine speed kick up to full throttle if you activate the propel functions ? . Does the travel speed indicator light change positions when you push the travel speed increase switch from turtle to rabbit ?
I will run the machine tomorrow and I’ll let you know exactly how it’s functioning.
Good day, with the auto idle on it will rev up to full throttle when I move the tracks but it won’t when I try to dig… and the travel speed indicator lights will move through all three positions from turtle, intermediate and rabbit but the only speed change is from turtle to intermediate. No change in speed or rpm when moved to rabbit.
I will bet the dig pressure switch is bad. It is on top of the main control valve towards the front. It is a 2 wire switch with IIRC male and female bullet connectors. Does the travel alarm work ? For a test you could temporarily swap the travel alarm pressure switch with the dig pressure switch. You will fix the auto idle and may get high speed travel back. The travel alarm pressure switch is on a tee and is the horizontal switch. The switch on the bottom of the tee is the propel switch which is working per your test today. see attached pic
I will give it a try and let you know. Thank you!
FYI, I edited my post above
I see that! Thank you. Where would I find the electrical diagnostics and diagrams? I have an old service manual but it’s not in it, there must be another book?
Deere C&F bookstore has 892ELC TM1541 Operation and Test manual https://www.johndeeretechinfo.com/search?p0=model&p0_v=892ELC&pattr=p0 They also have Hitachi EX300LC-3 Trouble shooing manual (includes wiring schematics) TT140E01 and Operational Principle manual TO140E01 https://www.johndeeretechinfo.com/search?p0=model&p0_v=EX300LC-3&pattr=p0 Post a message on the service manual thread , somebody here on HEF might be able to fix you up.
Thanks, you’ve been a huge help and I’ll let you know how I make out.
I forgot about these 2 propel pilot pressure sensors. # 37 in the pic. You should find them underneath the cab. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/75574/referrer/search/pgId/199716