Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EX35 makes sound when swinging.

1RJ01373 · 2025-07-03 05:45

Hi guys. This was making some bad clunk sounds when swinging. I pulled out the swing motor cuz I thought the gears in there were broken or something. But they seem fine. Any ideas, what could it be?

Replies5
  1. #11RJ013732025-07-03 21:57

    I'll just update, in case anyone's interested. I found out the hoses were long enough to hook back to the motor while it was out, so I hooked it back up and ran the swing motor. Yeah it's grinding up a storm and will only spin one way. I'll take the motor apart now to see what's up. Really happy it's not the ring cuz thats difficult to replace

  2. #21RJ013732025-07-26 05:36

    So inside the motor this is the problem. The middle gear and one of the outside gears (sun and planetary?) also the outside ring gear that's pressed into the case is bad. What would you guys do? Try to replace these gears or buy a whole new assembly?

  3. #3Universal Parts2025-07-26 06:35

    Planetary gear of reducer, if you need to replace it, please PM me and I will send you the product picture

  4. #4Diesel Dave2025-07-26 16:23

    The EX35-1 swing motor/ swing box parts breakdowns I find show no part # ‘s for the ring gear or planetary gears in the swing gear planetary sets. I think searching for assembly # 4269358 is the way to go.

  5. #51RJ013732025-07-26 18:59

    Thanks guys!