Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator CAT 320DL. Low coolant Level

Kaushil Solanki · 2023-10-11 07:19

Hello, I have a CAT 320Dl. It shows a low coolant level warning. The equipment works for 2-3 hours gets heated and turns off itself. We checks the radiator and it is fine without any blockages. What are other possible reasons for this to happen.

Replies6
  1. #1Vetech632023-10-11 07:40

    Are you adding coolant and then losing it? I believe the coolant level sensor is in the recovery tank. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

  2. #2heymccall2023-10-11 07:48

    First, supply us with serial number. Too many variations of machine. 2nd, go in monitor and reveal both fault codes and events codes. Convey them to us. Third, how many hours on machine, how long have you owned it, how long has problem been occurring?

  3. #3Kaushil Solanki2023-10-13 06:07

    Machine serial number - KGF01544. 9000 hrs on the machine. The ET guy who visited the machine, said it was the problem with the sensor that is on top of the thermostat, after changing. It worked well today, the temperature didn’t shoot up (stays upto 5). However it still turns off itself and Turns on after cooling and the low radiator coolant sign on the dash is still there.

  4. #4Kaushil Solanki2023-10-13 06:14

    The coolant level is okay, not loosing it

  5. #5heymccall2023-10-13 09:57

    So, you had ET on it and you aren't able to convey the fault and event codes to us?

  6. #6Kaushil Solanki2023-10-13 10:29

    I’ve asked the ET guy to send me the codes I’ll convey them as soon as I receive