Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator doesn’t shut down after key turned off ???

anuradha ยท 2019-01-28 13:00

My ca 312 Excavator doesn't shut down after key turned off.shut down solonoid and its relay and its connection good.but engine doesn't shut down.

Replies11
  1. #1Bls repair2019-01-30 10:35

    Photo of injector pump-throttle control linkage (close,far-away)would help.

  2. #2anuradha2019-01-30 10:43

    Sir at this moment i will not be able to post a photo.but if i mentioned the issue further now when i turn on the key to on position and then turn off it every thing gets off but controller stay a live with its green light and after 3,4 minutes i can here shutdown relay engaging sound several times and after this happens only controller gets off.

  3. #3anuradha2019-02-02 09:34
  4. #4Bls repair2019-02-03 11:58

    Pully the cables go around is broken and pinching on cable not letting shut off. .

  5. #5kshansen2019-02-03 17:54

    BLs repair, I believe you found the problem, or at least something to check out real close:

  6. #6Bls repair2019-02-03 17:57

    A photo is worth a thousand words

  7. #7DIYDAVE2019-02-03 19:31

    And an observant pair of eyes is worth even more!

  8. #8anuradha2019-02-04 09:06

    Sir i found that the issue im having here now is a electrical and electronic problem.because when i disconnect the wire from shutdown relay to controller and install a seperate wire for it and do the grounding seperately then engine shuts off as it should be.now im working using this method. This is exactly what happens now, excavator doesn,t shut down properly.at some times it takes too much time and then shut down.i checked the shut down solonoid its relay and its wiring all ok. But i noticed when i turn the key on and then turn off monitor and other things turn off except controller green light, after 3,4 minutes later i here clicking sound 3 or 4 times from the shut down relay and then controller green light gets off. Every time when i turn key on and off this thing happens.if i start the machine and then turn off also same thing happens.excavator Modle no 312 serial *7DK00657* .Sir i think according to these symptoms controller doesnt ground the shut down relay when i turn off the key.it seems key sw line cuts off the electric supply to the controller when key sw turns off as it should be and i checked it and its ok.sir im guessing controller getting some current from some where or current that accumilates in side the controller condensor or something delaying the grounding of shutdown relay and after 3,4 minutes later grounding happens several times rapidly then controller gets off.if i keep the engine running untill this happens it will shutdown but not smoothly and stop solonoid works several times as well.any help will be a great help sir.thank you all.

  9. #9Pepe2019-03-13 18:18

    I have the 312 BL but no problems shutting off. I am trying to buy a Workshop manual to study this but I always turn off with revs on 1 then key off & it slows the turbo till off. The green button also there if I want instant off. I need to find out the modes/meaning of the monitor if you can help me what they stand for? Have a 320 Manual but not a 312? if you have one can you send me the monitor info? I have owned Komatsus but the older PCs with no computers? I will ask our farm mechanic about your problem?

  10. #10kshansen2019-03-13 19:52

    Pepe, To save on confusion I would suggest you start a new thread for your problem. Also the best thing to do also is to include a full S/N from the machine you are working on, save much wasted time! If you don't know how to start a new thread try following what I am saying: Click on "FORUMS" on home page. Next scroll down to "EARTHMOVING EQUIPMENT" Find "EXCAVATORS" and click on that. Now up to the right of the page there should be a BLUE box with "POST NEW THREAD" in it click there and it should take you to were you can put in your question and the S/N Hope that makes sense!

  11. #11Pepe2019-03-13 20:27

    Thanks very much & then found this. I listed under General but will follow your guide. Appreciate your help & direction.