Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator GPS

OExcavating ยท 2011-07-10 02:02

Wanting to go to gps for doing field drainage. Any suggestions on what to start with or what not to use . All info good and bad is appreciated.

Replies8
  1. #1t_dirt2011-09-08 10:23

    I sell Topcon, so take this for what it is worth. The Topcon X63 GPS for excavators works great, it is accurate, user friendly, and very versatile. It may be a bit expensive for doing field tile but it could also be a huge time saver!!! Contact your local Topcon Dealer and see what they have to say!!! http://www.topconpositioning.com/dealer-locator T

  2. #2Kellogg Report2011-10-12 23:24

    There are operators on this forum that can tell you about their experiences of owning the various brands. For a detailed comparison of the GPS excavator systems on the market and explanation of the various features, you can visit The Kellogg Report online. Compare GPS excavator systems

  3. #3madisonmiller2012-08-04 04:45

    This may help you>>> Spam link removed

  4. #4yones2012-09-23 15:23

    very good information continue the good posts, thanks madisonmiller I expect another post :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :salute :salute :salute :salute :salute

  5. #5dirtfan2012-10-15 12:19

    Hello all: This is off this threads topic, but I would like some input from some of you. I have been using GPS for grading and layout for the last 5 years. Recently I was put on a job that will require some blind grading with an excavtor, and some possibly under water. Will an indicate GPS system on an excavator work for this, or am I dreaming? Thanks in advance: Dirtfan

  6. #6vapor3002012-10-15 18:45

    have done some of that before, but the dozer with the gps would get in the water and cut it

  7. #7Big Iron2012-10-20 18:05

    this Trimble CGS990 unit worked dredging in up to 15' of water for 9 months and is still working fine today, so yes they work just fine under water. only problem we had was when the operator hooked a stump under water that he could not see and tore off the bucket sensor cable. unscrewed the waterproof plugs screwed in a new cable and back to work.

  8. #8ColUp2012-10-22 10:51

    Been looking for more information on GPS tracking. Useful info, thanks. What kind of price are these devices - it is something I most definitely want to consider, just hope it's not something I most definitely won't be able to fund for my machines.