Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator has no hydraulic controls

brent lindberg ยท 2018-10-02 16:28

I have a Kobelco SK140. it is a gray market machine and I purchased it used. it sat for a couple of years. now when i try to use it, I don't have any hydraulic controls for the tracks, cab, buck/boom. I do have controls for the thumb. The thumb was put on after. I was having similar problems before I parked it but a simple ground would solve the problem for a few hours. any suggestions? I think it is more of an electrical problem rather than a pump problem.

Replies5
  1. #1Bls repair2018-10-02 18:54

    Have you checked the disable control ? The thumb may not be effected because it is not original to the machine.

  2. #2brent lindberg2018-10-02 20:48

    yes. power going to disable control

  3. #3heymccall2018-10-02 22:08

    What about the pilot solenoid? If the safety switch is getting and passing voltage, is it getting to the pilot enable solenoid? And, if it is, is the solenoid coil continuous (resistance wise)?

  4. #4brent lindberg2018-10-02 22:23

    thank you. I will check in morning and get back to you.

  5. #5BigWrench552018-10-13 00:05

    Sounds like a safety switch to me. The little bar that you flip up on the left side of the seat. If your thumb is working then your pumps are fine. I would also check the solenoid that the safety switch operates.