i have a Takeuchi tb250-2 on order. It claims it’s rated for 3600 lbs at 12’. I’m building a house and would like to use it to lift the trusses. Would an excavator job be a bad idea on a machine that small? Trusses will weigh about 200 lbs at the max. I need to add another 8-10’ on the boom to get the reach I need.
That thing seems pretty simple too.
I have a Kobota (1/4 yard) excavator that I rigged an arm onto and have set trusses on 2 garages. Worked well for me. Cam
That should not be an issue with 200 pound trusses, depending on the weight of the Jib. It would be wise to keep the blade towards the front of the work and down of course.
If I was building a jib, it would be out of rectangular or square tubing, rather than a I-beam. I-beams don't handle a side load very well. But for 200 lb trusses, it shouldn't matter.
True, My 5.5t excavator can’t put enough side load on my jib to make a hill of beans difference. W6x25lb beam, 12’. I have added a square tube extension to it and lifted 300lb at a 40’ radius with the blade off the ground. Not overly practical, but if it gets the job done, “still gonna send it.”
How did you fabricate the bracket?
The quick attach mounting ears? I bought them... the rest is straight forward fabrication.