Hello all hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Well the other day I went to use my excavator and it seemed to be getting stuck while trying to rotate left to right. It would only go about 120 degrees in each direction and then stop. I rotated it for about 2-3 minutes and then it freed up. I operated it for about 1/2 hour. The next day I noticed a puddle of mucky brown fluid under the excavator. It seemed to be coming from a plate with two bolts under the excavator. I power washed under the machine to get a better look at what was going on. I notice a metal gasket seemed to be bent out of place. The fluid seemed to only leak out of the plate with the two bolts. I then operated the machine for another hour before I noticed the same type of fluid leaking out of the machines turn table. Not sure exactly what is going on but hoping someone can point me in the right direction. The machine is a Komatsu PC75uu-2.
More pics
does it have a swing gear dipstick and did you check it? That sounds like a swing gear problem to me.
I'm not sure if it has a dip stick. I ordered a manual a few days ago. The swing seems to be working fine now just leaking oil around the turntable and at that plate. The oil leak would that be a indication of a bad seal?
Had it been, and was it below freezing when this happened? Ice in the turntable gears?
excellent call sled dog! around here that is rare.
Hi Sled dog its been worm the last few days I don’t think that was the culprit.I added another pic. I hope I'm not going to have to split the machine in half to fix this problem.
That all looks like swing gear oil to me. Find the place to measure that and check it out, and quit using the machine. If it ate a bearing and seal, you will not be making the bill smaller.
Swing machinery is leaking oil from the pinion gear seal. Purple color reminds me of a Komatsu Midi or Mini ex. There should be a dipstick behind the boom, probably in the back corner next to the cab.
I'm working on mine right now and it was the center joint that let go. The large o-ring under the large lipped seal cracked in 2 spots and filled the tub with hydraulic fluid. You should be able to smell if its gear oil or hydraulic oil. Color looked exactly the same.