Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator Photos

WerkBrau ยท 2012-05-04 16:21

It seems that there is not an offical area for sharing photos, so I'll post my pictures here (my bad if there is a photo sharing area). Presently, I am working on a media project for Werk-Brau products which involves me traveling to job sites and snagging some photos of our construction attachments in action. Sometimes these photos are not very exciting looking. Todays photos came out pretty cool....the sky in the photo is real. This photo is not super editted, beyond a few basic corrections and removing the brand logo from the machine (for legal reasons). Anyone else have some cool shots to share?

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies82
  1. #1JGS Parts2012-05-04 16:33

    Photos of JGS sister factory about 350 brand new excavators.

  2. #2pp13bnos2012-05-04 18:09

    I posted this in my own thread, but I'll repost them BTW, I shoot with a D7000. The first shot was with my 10-20mm sigma, and the second was with my 18-55, 2.8F. Never edit, not even color correction.

  3. #3JDOFMEMI2012-05-04 19:39

    Here are some I have: First we have the 375 posing with a bucket, waiting on a truck Another view of the 375, loading a truck And one of the 700 Volvo. Great machine, too bad the dealer support was spotty.

  4. #4willie592012-05-04 22:06

    Posted this in a previous thread. I'm not a dirt guy, just a wrench bender, so the only excavator pic I have to offer is my improvised frame straightening shop, straightening tweaked loader arm frame on Bobcat T190 with an EX300 and 320BL. Piece of cake to squash that little bugger.

  5. #5JDOFMEMI2012-05-04 23:40

    Nice frame rack there!

  6. #6WerkBrau2012-05-09 09:24

    I just shot this bad boy today, house demo. Limited editting, mostly just removing things like the excavator brand logo for legal reasons.

  7. #7Brookside2012-05-09 12:00

    Ha that's a pretty cool picture

  8. #8CM19952012-05-09 21:36

    Welcome to the Forums Brookside!:drinkup

  9. #9WerkBrau2012-05-10 10:37

    I did not take this photo, but man talk about a funky mini!

  10. #10pp13bnos2012-05-10 10:44

    Breast....cancer.....awarness?? Or, something my wife would want to operate.

  11. #11Colorado Digger2012-05-10 12:34

    Just making sure i remember how to post. i can see i am a bit rusty. regards to all!! CD

  12. #12ramheadjim2012-05-10 21:03

    A pic of our 230

  13. #13roadbuilder62012-05-10 21:09

    Damn those link belts are awesome

  14. #14BSAA65LB2012-05-11 16:10

    Gradall XL5300 doing concrete removal work

  15. #15CM19952012-05-11 18:35

    Ramheadjim, what's the story with the 230? I see an aux. power unit and a greasing unit. Do you run a mulcher or drill attachment?

  16. #16ramheadjim2012-05-11 21:56

    CM its a air compressor for the rock drill.I wish we could trade with another unit that dont have it. its in the way

  17. #17Wolf2012-05-12 15:46
  18. #18Wolf2012-05-12 15:48
  19. #19WerkBrau2012-05-14 09:34

    Brick house demo...no real editting.

  20. #20Wolf2012-05-15 01:05

    That's a sweet picture, Werk-Brau. Is that you at the controls, wrecking the house. Looks like a lot of fun. LOL. How old is that house? From the 1930s or so? Must have been fun to knock the C**P out of it. LOL.

  21. #21DirtHauler2012-05-15 01:38

    520 Bridge casting basin project for Kiewit. CAT 345 bailing to a EX1200

  22. #22lonkinggroup2012-05-15 02:14

    Many great pictures here, i would very much like to post one of Lonking's. It is working in Mali now. This is another one i think is very cool

  23. #23WerkBrau2012-05-15 13:46

    That is not me at the controls. I have never been at the controls of an excavator, but man do I want to try! The house was pretty old, I think from the 1940s. The demo was pretty cool to watch.

  24. #24WerkBrau2012-05-15 13:48

    Road work..this is what is calld an 'hdr' edit. The photo is natural, I just enhanced the natural colors slightly. I also removed company logos from the nearby businesses for legal reasons.

  25. #25WerkBrau2012-05-17 14:34

    On my way to work I drove past a construction site and had to stop and snag this photo, it was around 7:20am. The crew on site were nice enough to lend me a hard hat. I just loved the sky behind this machine and had to snag a shot.

  26. #26Ryanrb252012-05-17 18:13

    Just a couple from here in Australia Our SH210 Sumitomo digger and Our EC240CL Volvo pulling footings out of an old McDonald's store. We stretched 4 buckets with the volvo.

  27. #27Ryanrb252012-05-17 18:20

    Another of the Maccas Demo....Took so many great photos.

  28. #28pp13bnos2012-05-17 23:43

    Rainbow picture is nice!

  29. #29cjplanthire2012-05-18 05:53

    id prefer the sumitomo over the volvo anyday ,a way better machine, nice pics!

  30. #30WerkBrau2012-05-18 07:51

    That rainbow picture is cool! Great capture!

  31. #31Ryanrb252012-05-18 22:49

    I take my hat off to the Sumitomo...for it's size it is very fast, oodles of power, Smooth and very economical. It's had a few recalls. The most recent was $10000 worth of injectors and it seems a little unbalanced. Apart from that it's done some serious work. The Volvo is all of the above and more. Very Smooth, Slow but very powerful. Plenty of features and creature comforts.

  32. #32WerkBrau2012-05-21 10:40

    Located somewhere in the Dayton area, we went out into the field and snagged a few shots of this customer digging out a basement for future home. This shoot went on to include a few other excavator attachments including a ripper. The guy was super friendly, it was great to be able to head out and meet the people who use our buckets. Hopefully, I can catch a few of you while out on the road.

  33. #33WerkBrau2012-05-22 11:09

    Outside of Waterville Ohio there is a large construction project to put in a new inerstate highway, with a stunning decorative bridge. There is a lot of evcavating, dumping, and compacting taking place. I headed out there this morning to see if I could catch some of our buckets in action. Alas, I didn't get any of our buckets in action. There were many Werk Brau excavator buckets on site, that were respected and well used but none of the machines were in use at the time. It was a real gem to visit and the crew were very polite. They even lended me a vest - I had my hardhat and boots, but forgot my vest at the office. I love taking construction photos in the morning. The morning always has the best skies.

  34. #34pafarmer2012-05-23 07:35

    My little BOBCAT E50 Excavator....Just about to be loaded up on the trailer.

  35. #35Ryanrb252012-05-23 08:35

    How to turn a van into a coffee table.

  36. #36Bluetop Man2012-05-23 09:19

    Well, that really shows you what a VOLVO is good for...

  37. #37Ryanrb252012-05-23 15:39

    CAT 322C Sumitomo SH210 Volvo EC240CL

  38. #38CM19952012-05-23 19:50

    Ryan, tell us folks in the US about the Sumitomo. I know they make excavators for other manufacturers that we do have here in the US but I haven't seen a newer Sumitomo branded as a Sumitomo. Also interesting you guys are running Bobcat mini's.

  39. #39Ryanrb252012-05-23 21:45

    We use nothing but Bobcat Mini's. We have 3x 323's and 5x 435's. Not to mention 10 Bobcats. We have 2 Sumitomo's. A SH120-5 Sumitomo 12T and a SH210-5 Sumitomo 21T. Both machines are Fantastic. Out of all 40 machines we have i dare say pound for pound the 12T sumitomo is the best machine we have. It has amazing Reach, Power, Economy. It's small enough to be transported on our tag along floats quite easily from one site to another. I've looked after all of our machines single handedly since they were new so i know what's been repaired etc. In 4000 Hours (not a huge amount though) the only things that have been changed are filters and teeth/cutting edges. Will be looking at getting another one in the next year or so. any specific information you want to know just ask The SH120 and the SH210.

  40. #40Bluetop Man2012-05-23 22:41

    This is a little off topic, but every trackhoe pro can appreciate the design extreme in this machine. Or hate it. The Martians have arrived in the woodyard or what, dude: http://www.builtritehandlers.com/images/products/gallery/attachments/pulpwood-grapple-1-full.jpg

  41. #41CM19952012-05-24 06:46

    Ryan what engines do the Sumitomo's run?

  42. #42icho2012-05-24 16:23

    Nice pictuer! i like it.

  43. #43WerkBrau2012-05-24 16:43

    Whowwwwwwwwwwwwww that is a wild looking machine! I don't know if I like it or not, but I can apprciate it's uniqueness.

  44. #44Ryanrb252012-05-24 16:53

    Both have Isuzu motors mate. I think the SH120 has a 4 cylinder mechanical injection 4.5 litre and the SH210 has a Common Rail 6.7 Litre 4 cylinder.

  45. #45WerkBrau2012-05-25 15:17

    I just saw this and had to share it. WOW!

  46. #46CM19952012-05-25 18:04

    There is a video or two posted on the board of this stunt. You can also go to Youtube, the video is quite popular. I don't think I trust anyones hydraulics with my life at that height.:cool2

  47. #47WerkBrau2012-06-05 12:29

    My favorite shot from the Power Plant Demolition today...this Komatsu was a beast.

  48. #48RollOver Pete2012-06-05 22:30

    Some of the jobs that I've been on.

  49. #49RollOver Pete2012-06-05 22:32
  50. #50Mr NL2012-06-07 15:02

    New Here Hello, nice excavators you have there, no sumitomo in the Netherlands, here it is Case i believe.. here a picture of our Newholland Kobelco E265B we also have mobile excavator`s do they use mobile excavators in the USA?

  51. #51WerkBrau2012-06-20 16:35

    Who wants a ride?

  52. #52stock2012-06-20 18:25

    Better explain that for us please................Mr WB

  53. #53SeaMac2012-06-20 18:28

    Have you seen the YouTube video of this? It takes a heck of a set of balls to climb that tower. I was wondering how long it would take for this to make to HEF.

  54. #54stock2012-06-20 18:58

    SeaMac that one usually makes an appearance once of twice a year......................

  55. #55SeaMac2012-06-20 19:02

    Oh okay, thanks stock. When I first saw the video last year I was amazed, not sure if you could pay me enough to do that.

  56. #56Fastdirt2012-06-24 17:38

    This is the 312CL I recently got. It's a long stick with a 40" bucket, 28" tracks, USA thumb, and mainline pedal. It's actually a wide load at 8'10". Much better balanced than the 140 I rented for so long.

  57. #57SeaMac2012-06-24 18:13

    Congrats on your purchase Fastdirt, I took the liberty to view your website, very nicely done. You do excellent work, good to know that sometimes hard work actually pays off.

  58. #58pp13bnos2012-06-24 22:00

    Nice machine!! Take good care of her.

  59. #59Fastdirt2012-06-25 20:49

    Thanks a lot for the kind words SeaMac. All those years of hard work pales in comparison to what I've been through on my own. I'm covered in grease as I type, just taking a break for a minute then back to the fan clutch. Thanks, I'll have to take a picture in six months and then we'll see

  60. #60KW850&T800H2012-06-26 01:31

    Cat 320C LL Forest Machine It has a forest rated cab with a small riser and linked thumb. What we call a road builder, beefed up with a high and wide U/C (for getting over stumps and boulders) which has stronger rollers and floaters on the bottom. Taken in British Columbia, Canada

  61. #61WerkBrau2012-07-19 11:51

    Bridge demo a stones throw from my house...a nice rainstorm was rolling in as I snagged these excavator photos.

  62. #62willie592012-07-19 22:22

    Geez, I'd love to have pin grabbers. One rental customer wants a bucket, another wants a hammer. :Banghead Nice pics WB.

  63. #63EarthmoverEd2012-09-01 20:48

    Nice. Them Deeres are my favorite.

  64. #64EarthmoverEd2012-09-01 21:30

    Nice. Them Deeres are my favorite

  65. #65TrentNz2012-09-12 02:57

    uhh don't know where to put this so this seemed fitting... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAsgT2NbprY more to come just bought a 32gb SD card so i can take longer videos...

  66. #66Colorado Digger2012-09-12 03:49

    nothing like seeing some link belt's working. hardest working tractor in my world! love it! regards, CD

  67. #67Monrad2012-09-12 06:23
  68. #68Monrad2012-09-12 06:32
  69. #69245dlc2012-09-18 17:08

    I'd like to add some pictures but how do you go about shrinking files? Or can I just post using photobucket?

  70. #70pp13bnos2012-09-18 22:42

    Most computers have MS paint, and you can use that to get the right size. CJ

  71. #71stock2012-09-18 23:17

    http://www.getpaint.net/ This is what I use ,click on the image tag and put in the size, if you tick the aspect ratio box you only have to reduce on side the other is done automatically, Don't forget to alter the name or you will lose the original........ and save it as a jpeg. Nearly sure willie59 has done a speil on picture resizing some where................

  72. #72skadill2012-09-19 02:14

    Hitachi Old UH-07.many others at http://youtube.com/user/skadill

  73. #73TrentNz2012-10-22 05:41

    http://followgram.me/trentnz/ close to 100 photos of work etc. The famous skadill aye... its PUR3N3WZ3ALAND from youtube waddup bruh haha

  74. #74oregon96pd2012-11-10 20:37

    From work...pretty much an excavator

  75. #75Wolf2012-11-11 12:34

    those machin those machines just pretty much rip the land apart. Destroying mountains as it goes. That is awesome

  76. #76daugherty1022012-11-13 23:16

    Here's our Link Belt long reach

  77. #77skadill2012-11-14 01:17

    Hye-Hoe 5000TT Taken a couple years ago.Lots of oldies at http://www.youtube.com/user/skadill

  78. #78Hendrik2012-11-16 21:43

    Uggh spammer, actually we have a similar one on the Aussie Merc forum http://ozbenz.net/viewforum.php?f=45 being sneaky insofar as pretending there is a problem with his/her car http://ozbenz.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16137 and then asking whether the OBD reader being offered on that website is the solution.

  79. #79PNECAT2012-11-24 19:13

    I see some nice machines guys.

  80. #80Big Iron2012-11-25 00:33

    she ain't much but i own her lock stock and barrel. 1996 CAT 320B with 7850 hours, WBM QC with 3 buckets. progressive link thumb. yes this is at the end of the day at home working on the farm.

  81. #81skadill2012-11-25 00:42

    Poclain 160 taken a couple years ago.It's a 1979 model.

  82. #82skadill2012-11-28 00:38

    235 Cat Old B.C. coastal logging roadbuilder