Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator Purchase

sixkids ยท 2012-10-06 10:15

Hey Fellas, I'm going to be purchasing an excavator within the next few months for a few residential home projects. It will be a relatively small machine, in the 15 ton range, for general foundation excavation and clearing. I have five different dealers in my area, so I would like to limit the number of company options to those, for ease in getting parts and service. They are: Caterpillar Case John Deere Komatsu Hitachi I'd like to hear feedback on models and manufactures as to likes, dislikes, performance, reliability, etc. and so on. I will thank any and all, in advance, for your help and input. Have a great day, and enjoy the holiday weekend. All The Best !! Tom

Replies5
  1. #1RTSmith2012-10-06 10:45

    Holiday weekend- C'mon, we work for a living. I'll be anywhere but @ the house on Monday (Columbus Day).

  2. #2sixkids2012-10-06 10:53

    I hear ya, but with six kids, I'll use Columbus Day as an excuse to goof off with them - life's too short !! They're gonna be gone before I know it.

  3. #3TrentNz2012-10-06 19:11

    I personally wouldn't go for anything other then Hitachi or Cat. love Hitachi's have had 3 of them and our newest one at work which is only 1 year old is still working hard at 3k hours.

  4. #4joispoi2012-10-07 05:01

    For light personal use, any one of those brands will get the job done just fine.

  5. #5Aron2012-12-21 03:38

    All there brand ok,just consider which one easier to get the service and parts.