Anyone running a rake on there ex? There is a 5 footer coming up on auction in a couple days and am wondering how they work for tree/brush removal. Thanks!
I made this one for my 3.5 tonner for Lantana and brush removal out of 12G Cat grader scarrifier tynes . It work magic , the area my machine is was completely covered like in the rest of the photo one hour before . It allows you to remove this kind of stuff without disturbing the soil too much and you end up with burn piles with no dirt in them . The other photo is of one i found on the net that i'm going to copy for my 23tonner , with a hydraulic thumb it would be unbeatable .
I know that I want one bad. The guy that built my attachments and thumbs builds them and everyone who has one says they are slick as eel snot for cleaning. My scarifier bucket does good, but one of those would be awesome. Here's my bucket from his website http://www.mcfaulkner.com/images/scalping-bucket-3.jpg And one of his rakes http://www.mcfaulkner.com/rakes.asp
G'day , what part of aussie r u from? I'm from Uki nthern NSW.We ve got 40ac covered in the same scrub as in your pic .Been meaning to make a rake for the old pc200 we just got. hooroo---Mat
A root rake is the best thing out there for clearing trees and shrubs off of land. You can make the area basically ready to plant in a single pass. We just had a rake built for our cx210. I can't wait to get it into the bush and use it. Warren
Someone sure did some nice fab. work on that rake! looks great, but be carefull and not pull too hard on a stump using the sides. Although they look unbendable you'll be surprised what can happen if you snag a tooth on a big stump when your raking fast. What size is it? 36 or 42"
We could nearly have a yarn over the fence , i'm in Grafton .
Thanks for the tips Chris! I already got that speech a few time already. HAHA. The rake was made by D/S. They are a very popular bucket manufacturer in Eastern Canada. They also happen to be located 10 miles up the road from our farm. I think you need your eyes checked though...HAHA. The rake is 60" wide. 7 teeth spaced at 10" Warren
Those rakes look really nice!
I need one--bad! You made it? What--you cut the tines out of of another attachment and welded onto a bucket you sacrificed? But it looks like a factory job--expert work! That's how I figured I would need to do it, but don't want to cut up one of my buckets--and haven't found anyone selling a used one that fits--I need the quick connect type with the cradle/wrist pin.
But if it were 7 teeth spaced 6"+ the 1" thick steel would make it about 42"-43" wide... No I was going by the distance in between the ears of the rake. For some reason I was thinking that the distance in between our machines bucket ears was around 12", knowing that you have the same size machine I was putting two and two together.... and it didn't work:beatsme ointhead Just a Reminder not to pull on just one side of the rake... Just so you were told again
Sorry , i think your looking at the wrong one . The one i made is the one on the small excavator . I bought 6 new Cat grader scarrifier tynes on Ebay for $140 . I fabricated a top housing to contain them and cut the ears from an old quick hitch i had . I just found a couple of pics , 1 is of the rake i made and the other is of a flail mower for smaller material mulching which may be of interest to someone .
Wrong one Oh well--it still looks good and I still need one.
that is a pretty cool tool and it looks kinda cute too. love it