Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator Thumbs Articulating – Non Hydraulic

Aubrey Phillips · 2022-05-18 11:37

I don’t have remotes on my sk135 Kobelco & have considered adding them to add a hydraulic thumb. I do have a fixed thumb but it gets in the way from time to time. I usually remove it until it’s really needed. I noticed an articulating thumb that was not hydraulically controlled but rather it was linked to bucket H brace arms. Does anyone know who manufactures these type?

Replies4
  1. #1Aubrey Phillips2022-05-18 11:44

    Pictures attached

  2. #2uffex2022-05-18 13:51

    Good day It is possible to control a thumb cylinder using the bucket circuit switching on/off by electrics. Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3bam19682022-05-18 19:43

    I think Amulet makes one called a ' Hoe Clamp'

  4. #4skyking12022-05-18 19:45

    That's it, Bam. Search the forum for "amulet" one of the guys put one on his backhoe. He seems pleased with it.