Hi, I have a IHI 17NE. When I swing the machine from side to side, there is no slowdown before there is a sudden stop. Im not familiar with working on swing motors. Isnt it supposed to slowly come to a stop? If I swing to the right and let off, it may go a foot or two then slam stopped and then shake back and forth about 18 inches or so each way. The same goes for swinging to the left. There is no way to gradually swing into a position and stop it.
Good day Shawn I do not have any information on that machine but as a general rule it could be as simple as check valves or as bad as motor assembly. If you can establish the make of the swing motor assembly may be able to help some more. Kind regards Uffex
Sticking or broken anti-cavitation valve. Some machines, its serviceable, some its integrated to the motor.
Until I can find the make of the motor, what are some ways of troubleshooting right of the bat? Thank you guys for the fast responses!