Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator water temp

rowan smith ยท 2013-07-09 09:38

Hi, anyone know why that, when I am on incline or decline the excavator water temp increases and then decreases when at level. Its a steady increase not instant either. But will also decrease steadily. Cheers Rowan

Replies6
  1. #1dozer122162013-07-10 14:29

    Check cooling system for internal corrision and dirt in fins. You may be loading just enough heavier on slope to cause temp increase???

  2. #2rowan smith2013-07-10 20:46

    Hi dozer12216, Thanks for reply. Yes all cooling system cleaned and re-conditioned that is radiator. New hoses and clamps with new water pump and thermostat. Intresting point with extra load at time of on a slope. Will check that next time. Cheers

  3. #3John C.2013-07-12 20:15

    Make and model of the excavator and the same for the engine would be helpful.

  4. #4rowan smith2013-07-17 04:38

    Hi John C., Sumitomo SH220 1999 model 22 ton. Isuzu 6cyl turbo.

  5. #5John C.2013-07-17 09:36

    When I worked for the Link-Belt dealer we had lots of problems with wiring and gauges. Most people install after market gauge sets in those machines because the factory units are so inaccurate.

  6. #6rowan smith2013-07-17 20:53

    Thanks John C., Well that seems interesting. I have been checking the temprature at points recommended by a mechanic on the engine and radiator area, also thermostat and hoses. Temp stays below 90 degrees. I will locate sensors and replace. I have systematically eliminated problems and started at the cheapest options first and thought I have done almost everything with water temp probs. But now will replace the gauges and or sensor. Thanks mate