Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator with cab vs Ground bees.

pdeal · 2026-08-22 18:31

I was doing some marking out of my new home site today and noticed a bunch of yellow jackets near where i was working. Thankfully i saw them before getting stung. I spotted the hole and came back with the excavator and dug the nest up and ground it and as many bees as i could into the dirt. I think this was the most satisfying way i’ve ever used to get rid of those nasty suckers!

Replies4
  1. #1PeterG2026-08-22 20:07

    Oh, I know that feeling. I was on my mini excavator when I saw a mouse come out from underneath and run along the top of the track and hide under my bucket which had a little space underneath. I was super impressed at how easily the machine could flatten him, lol.

  2. #2CM19952026-08-22 20:19

    Yellow jackets are the worst creatures on the planet followed by red wasps IMO. Nothing more satisfying than digging up or plowing through a yellow jacket nest with an enclosed cab. Kill'em all - they are good for nothing.

  3. #3pdeal2026-08-22 21:06

    My only regret is that once i got the nest in the bucket i didn’t lift it up for a better look. I just squashed the heck out of it like a maniac-smeared it into the dirt. They are certainly hateful critters.

  4. #4HarleyHappy2026-08-23 09:23

    Found this under the deck the other day. Thankfully it was cold the other morning. I was able to fish it out with a concrete hoe and wife shredded it with the Zturn. Ah the joy of doing something wonderful.