I have a daewoo machine with a doowon fuel system. The machine turns on and runs fine, but when you go to shut it off the machine stays on. All electrical devices turn off too. The problem I am having is trying to figure out what the injector pump has to do with this because bobcat central told me this is what can be causing the problem. Now I'm only a 22 year old kid with no mechanical experience. This is really confusing. Can someone help me figure out how to shut off this machine.
Could be a faulty/broken engine shut down solenoid.
Is that the part with the hand pump?
My throttle switch also lost its bolts can that be why it's not shutting off.
I'm not exactly a mechanic, but do know a little about operating them. I picked up an old thread for you. Maybe that could give you some ideas: HeavyEquipmentForums
Thanks
No worries. What model are you operating?
Machine type. E x c a Machine name. Sl 170-iii It's a daewoo.
My grandpa believes there is a wire connected to the fuel solenoid but I can't find one.
Well that's roughly what you're dealing with. To find a new one in the US, I reckon you'd have to shell out around $250 (from having a quick glance on Ebay). You may get one cheaper from China (around $100) though, but the quality is another question.
Where do I find the fuel solenoid on the engine
This should give you a rough idea.
I have a mitsubishi engine in a kobelco that was not turning enough rpms, so i adjusted throttle linkage. Well i got rpms up but went to having shutdown problems. The fuel shut-off solenoid was working but wouldn't push fuel shut-off far enough after my adjustments. This works sometimes, switch key off, engine will run rough, set throttle below idle, switch key on again, engine should gain rpms, now adjust throttle to where it just begins to raise rpms, now lower throttle all way down and switch key off again, it should shut down, if not do process over. When this fails about 5% of the time just reach up from bottom past starter and push fuel shut-off manually until shut down. A little goes a long ways on those throttle rods, if solenoid is working then you have linkage issues, which can be adjusted and fixed or learn to live with the quirks most machines have.
You do NOT adjust the throttle by just turning the linkage if you change the linkage you need to do a A adjustment also there is a specific measurement for the throttle rods.
Yes sir, i found that out the hard way. Like i said it had effects on shut down. I counted number of turns and put back where it was. I did need a few more rpm's because travel was so slow, i just learn to live with it. Thanks
Proper setting Sir do you know the correct way to raise rpm's on the sk160 kobelco? Like you said just lengthening is wrong and causes shutdown problems.
Yes you need to do what is called the A adjustment but first make sure all the linkage it tight.