Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Explorer 10 Problem

alrman ยท 2013-05-09 08:32

My computer did an automatic download of new Explorer 10 the other day. Logged into HEF & tried to respond to a post earlier today & in trying to upload a picture, I found it would not read any of my pictures or files from the file where I usually drag them from. I looked at settings for security & sharing & could not figure why?? :bash Went back to using firefox & everything is as it should be. Why do they have to keep changing things - why? why? why? :Banghead Anyone else experience this?

Replies3
  1. #1Tiny2013-05-18 09:42

    I have not but I only deal with explorer when it's an absolute requirement

  2. #2Tinkerer2013-05-21 16:19

    Alrman , I just read your thread. You can uninstall that automatic update real easy and you will be back to your previous version of IE. Hit your start button / go to Control Panel. Somewhere on the left side of that screen you will see, "View Installed Updates" . Click on that and in that list of updates you will find when Microsoft tried to make a good thing worse. Uninstall the update and you should be back to your old version of IE. I have the updates blocked and an still using IE 8. Also you can see what version you are using by opening IE and looking at the tool bars and you will see a question mark. Next to it is an arrow that will bring a drop down menu. At the bottom of it you can choose About Internet Explorer.

  3. #3alrman2013-07-03 23:57

    New Problem :bash:bash Posted earlier today in the backhoe forum - reply #10 - Later, looked at the thread again, using explorer 10 & my post is completely blank???? Thought "That's Weird"- looked at it again using firefox & it is still there. Just love computers.