I wanted to share a pic of a jobsite invention. The guy was sick and tired of the cord pulling away from the three way splitter, so he fabricated this invention. I respectfully insist you don't try to make a copy....
Myself, I'd just buy a UL rated cord with the splitter built in, or put a outlet box at the end of a 12/3 cord.
Candidate for a Darwin award???? :badidea
i have yet to find one of those splitter cords with the molded on ends that were worth a snot. I however can not endorse this method of securing a separate splitter. I did once learn in a safety meeting that you can pull apart the add on GFI gut it out and wire around it. As an operator and ironworker i would have never thought about that.
At first inspection, I considered the applying the word Bold, although I concluded certainly Foolish. * The GFCI contrivances in the power boxes (spyder) are another candidate for some hair pulling. I have decent service life with GFCI breaker(s) in a small load center in turn feeding heavy duty 20amp commercial outlets in die cast dual gang box with flip up lid. The splitters (T or wye style) on the ends of the cords have to be regularly replaced is all I can think of to do. We have tried the galv plated handi 4S box on the end of the cord with a die stamped face plate and a decent strain connector and this solution is pretty good, just not fun to drag around so you have to roll up the cord starting and then playing out from the same end - which is goofy cause it seems to be the starting point is where you plug in at and the roll up point is where you were working....
That description reminds me of the old heavy gang boxes we used in the fire service. Spring loaded flaps with rubber gaskets, twist lock receptacles, and a bulb on top protected with a glass globe and a metal cage around it.
Yair . . . Please could someone explain what I'm looking at in the picture? Is the red cord from the wall plug and the black cords run to power tools on a work-site? . . . I can't imagine such a set up dragging around the floor. I use something like these, other versions are available for ten or fifteen bucks . . . . . http://www.bunnings.com.au/products...boss-surge-protected-powerboard_P7032901.aspx Cheers.
Is that a "burn mark" next to the plug?? OR some ones "residue" from getting shocked..LOL