I bought a pair of six foot long chain wrenches at an auction the other day (I only wanted one but both came in one lot) that I planned to use for getting tight gland nuts off with. No need for a pipe on the handle when the handle is already six foot long and solid I thought. They are both like brand new and don't look like they were used much if at all. When I got home from the auction I did a little research on the wrenches since I had never seen wrenches so big and I found out that they are actually made of bronze not steel and made by a company called Ampco Safety Tools. Get this, the MSRP is $5,763.73 each from the manufacturer. Yikes. They are marketed as non-sparking and non-magnetic, which I suspect is good for explosive environments and around MRI equipment. So this brings me to my question for the gas and oil people that frequent the site. If I wanted to sell these chain wrenches to someone in the gas and oil industry who could get a good deal on them and use them for their intended purpose, where would I go? I've thought I could put them on FB Marketplace and maybe list them in the Houston or Oklahoma areas. Any other ideas? Chain Pipe Wrench, AMPCO W-62, NonSparking, NonMagnetic, USA Made AMPCO Chain Pipe Wrench, 12 inch max pipe size, Aluminum Bronze Alloy; Beryllium free; Lifetime warranty, Corrosion Resistant. Llave Encadenadora de Tubos catalog.ampcosafetytools.com
No replies yet.