Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Falcon cameras

124 ยท 2016-11-06 20:26

What is the best way to mount a falcon grapple camera

Replies6
  1. #1Plebeian2016-11-10 02:14

    If the camera/ transmitter is one of these http://www.dcforestryequipment.com/en/falcon-grapple-camera/ it might be idea to send DC a photograph, dimensions drawing and what materials your grapple is made of.

  2. #2Hayds12016-11-21 20:51

    HI 124, Do you still need assistance? I work for DC Equipment the manufacturers of the Cameras.

  3. #31242016-11-24 21:53

    Grapple cameras We mounted it of the side of the carriage ,but view is blocked by the ears for the chains. Has any one tried mounting one between the back of the carriage and haulback eye?

  4. #4Plebeian2017-07-03 03:00

    Falcon felling carriage - in development - 2 saw felling head on arm mounted on motorised carriage. https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=aac458740f06665ba3b5f40fb42b5da9&oe=5A067B9B https://tinyurl.com/y7ttudg3

  5. #5Murk1002017-07-10 12:33

    Here is what we did 124, Camera bracket sticks out about 6 in. from the carriage and vision clears that ring piece. You can see in the one picture that is the latest update where we changed the bottom mount bolt to the outside and plugged the hole inside the box, also on the mount you can see two bolt holes. I keep the camera on the back hole for yarding uphill and front for uphill also what you cant see is the top bolt mounts which has 3 positions.(works good in steep ground) We got rid off that Falcon Y bracket and use 5/8 bolts with nylock nuts. I also used 1/2 in. Lexan glass on the antennas. I really really like my Falcon camera been using it coming up on a year. Next time I'm up there I''ll take some more pics shut down right now.

  6. #6Murk1002017-07-13 12:10

    More