Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fan

rockinjpranch · 2025-01-04 17:29

Looking for a cooling fan for a Ford 755 B backhoe. It is 6 blade, 19 inch diameter.

Replies10
  1. #1Swetz2025-01-05 13:44

    It looks like you are looking for the 3rd one listed below. They are all discontinued by NH, but when you do a google search for the 3rd part number, it comes back with a 6 blade x 16" fan, which is the first listing below. If you read the note on the first listing, it says it replaces the third one listed. I know it is confusing, but that is NH for you. Bottom line, I think you could use one of the ones available aftermarket, at a fraction of what the dealer originally was asking. Hope this helps! Fan, 6 Blade for New Holland® || Replaces OEM # D9NN8600AA D9NN8600AA | Free Shipping | Free Returns allequipmentparts.com https://www.amazon.com/RAParts-D9NN8600AA-Radiator-Holland-Loader/dp/B07ZHHVH32 Fan, 6 Blade for New Holland® || Replaces OEM # D9NN8600AA Skid Steer Parts Store. Easy to use Parts by Model Lookup Tool. FAST & FREE Shipping over $99*! Skid Steer Parts In-Stock for Bobcat®, Case®, New Holland®, & More! Get the Lowest Prices & Best Parts Support only at AllSkidsteers®. stores.allskidsteers.com

  2. #2rockinjpranch2025-01-05 15:46

    Thanks for the info. I found the 16" blades but am concerned they will not cool sufficiently as the 19" one did. Have you had any experience with this?

  3. #3Swetz2025-01-05 17:29

    I honestly have no first hand experience with installing the smaller blade. If you cannot come up with the larger one, I would try the smaller one. NH, does specify that the smaller one replaced the larger one. If you put it on and have an issue, you could also get an electric fan that might just do the trick. There are universal fans out there available that could easily be made to fit.

  4. #4cosmaar12025-01-05 19:53

    I couldn’t imagine 3 inches would make that big of a difference. Comparing to the 16” one you are still covering over 80% of the original surface area. Unless you were in constant 100 degree days working 8+ hrs straight, I wouldn’t believe it would cause any harm buying the smaller one.

  5. #5rockinjpranch2025-01-06 05:04

    Okay, I will go ahead with the smaller one. Thanks.

  6. #656wrench2025-01-06 10:07

    Fans usually require a specific clearance between the blade tips and the shroud for optimum air flow through the rad. A smaller fan likely will not work as well as the original

  7. #7HarleyHappy2025-01-06 10:51

    I think if a smaller fan is the only one available, some thinking could easily make some pieces to close that up a little.

  8. #8dogtaco2025-07-27 10:51

    did you get your fan?

  9. #9Welder Dave2025-07-27 15:37

    It probably depends on the design of the fan blades. The 16" may move as much or more air than the 19". Is the machine operating many hours at a time on a consistent basis?

  10. #10dogtaco2025-07-27 15:51

    I ask if you got your fan yet because we have three old backhoes that the boss is gonna smash up and send to scrap. The fan is a very easy part for me to save if you are still in need and don’t mind a used part. I’m in Southern California.