Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fancy Hard-Face

Former Wrench ยท 2015-07-22 13:24

I was in Kake Alaska a few weeks back doing recon for a project. This dozer was parked along the road. I got a big kick out of the hard-face job with the state and national flags. What do you think?

Replies4
  1. #1lantraxco2015-07-22 14:26

    :usa

  2. #2fixou8122015-07-23 06:16

    I knew a Very artistic welder who hard faced a large hemp leaf on the blade of a d9.... Then called over all the other welders over to admire it.... then had a saftey meeting. ....then back to work.

  3. #3fixou8122015-07-23 06:19

    Oh....and after the meeting he .......filled it in with weld

  4. #4oldtanker2015-08-29 11:23

    That's funny. Back in 1975 I was a young soldier at Ft Riley KS. Hemp grew wild out in the training/maneuver area 10-12 feet high and was referred to a Kansas Killer Weed (according to the pot heads it wasn't very good). On an exercise we were ordered to use natural foliage to camouflage our tanks. The command had no sense of humor at all over the camo job on our tanks! Rick