Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Farmall Grader

Squizzy246B ยท 2008-10-19 10:08

Super AMD with Ruston Bucyrus Grader

Replies9
  1. #1Bellboy2008-10-24 11:14

    Cool. Check this link out: http://www.dezzi.co.za/page12.html They aren't exactly like the one posted, but more like a modernised version.

  2. #2OneWelder2008-10-24 13:31

    Although not common , a number of companys made similar conversions . Dearborn ? for Fords(I think) also have seen a setup for Alice ( have only seen pic. of any of them)as well as the Farmall- there was also a Drive In Version.

  3. #3Grader4me2008-10-24 15:55

    Another first for me. Wow quite a rig! Man, me and my sheltered life.. ointhead

  4. #4OneWelder2008-10-24 17:26

    I had meant to add that this appears to be a much heavier and more sophisticated unit than others that I have seen pictures of

  5. #5OneWelder2008-10-26 15:14

    I am wondering why these are not around ? were they to light to be effective ? I would have thought the driveway pavers would have used if they worked ? As there size would be easily trans. Anybody ever operate or even see one operated ?

  6. #6Komatsu 1502008-10-26 18:46

    I ran this AC which was converted to hydraulic from mechanical lift and did quite a few jobs with it up to about 10 years ago or so. Its waiting for a sympathetic mechanic. Head has been done and some other stuff. Sorry about the poor picture.

  7. #7Steve Frazier2008-10-26 22:51

    Huber graders used to be pretty popular for the reasons you suggest among pavers. I don't see them as much anymore, I think they've been replaced by skid steers for prep most times.

  8. #8RonG2008-10-27 04:24

    I have prepared a lot of roads and parking areas with those old Hubers. There is a similar one that I have admired called "Athey" but never got to run one. I think the natural progression to the mini graders like LeeBoy etc have pretty much replaced the old Huber but they did their job in their day.Thanks for the pic Steve.Ron G

  9. #9Andy Detwiler2008-10-28 09:27

    Saw a Ford the other day at the Champaign County fairgrounds, had to move it out of a barn to get the barn ready for a show. Had to drag it out with a loader cause we couldnt find the key. It was way cool, but i didnt see a name who built the grader part. I will go see and snap a couple picks. Andy