Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Favorite Phone Apps

Jdbillin ยท 2024-03-18 13:11

Curious what all phone apps everyone uses daily for both working on the job and bidding jobs I really want to find a nice app for calculating fill (stone and dirt) but I'm having trouble finding one I'm happy with I have the Measure Master Pro I use as my calculator and one called Slope I use all the time when running tile. Thanks

Replies16
  1. #1Jdbillin2024-03-21 21:32

    Nobody uses any apps?

  2. #2funwithfuel2024-03-22 06:37

    I constantly use a simple app that is called," simply convert units" Area, temperature, pressure, volume etc. You put in the number you work with and you get all the other values converted. Another app I use is pretty specific. It's called vibe2know you place your phone in a magnetic case and stick it to whatever your working on. It is for measuring vibration. Theis is helpful with troubleshooting screens, compactors and anything else that creates a vibration. As long as you can slap your phone on the side, you're good to go.

  3. #3Vetech632024-03-22 08:06

    I need an app that can repair equipment while I sit and have a beer.

  4. #4funwithfuel2024-03-22 08:07

    They got that, it's called YouTube

  5. #5Vetech632024-03-22 08:08

    True, but YouTube isn't turning the wrenches for me. LOL

  6. #6AllDodge2024-03-22 08:16

    Use a couple to control door lock and Thermostat on my vacation rental but that's it

  7. #7Northern mb2024-03-22 11:06

    Memento database is probably my most used app for business. I haven't found much that beats it for record keeping

  8. #8Tyler d4c2024-03-22 11:26

    Tinder

  9. #9funwithfuel2024-03-22 12:00

    BWAHAHA

  10. #10treemuncher2024-03-31 08:05

    Sorry, I don't do cut & fills so no input on those types of apps. Others that I find useful as follows: John Deere Power Assist = looking up all engine parts John Deere with engine serial number for unique build lists. Clime: NOAA weather radar live = fairly accurate weather app (one of very few I will pay for) Google Keep: notes, reminders, checklists and more - shares across all phones, tablets and computers on your Google account so you can access it anywhere. NOAA Mobile Magnetic Declination: access via https://ngdc.noaa.gov/geomag/calculators/mobileDeclination.shtml and save as a page link for fast access. Best compass app that shows current magnetic declination and true north for faster, easier following of property lines from plat information.

  11. #11AllDodge2024-04-01 16:14

    Man I like the NOAA App, Thanks

  12. #12treemuncher2024-04-01 19:28

    Be sure to try the "layers" that include future precipitation and more than just current radar.

  13. #13MG842024-04-03 12:09

    None- I have a flip phone, I hate smart phones.... I have a NOAA weather radio, a Construction Master 5 calculator, and a paper notebook in the truck. All I've ever needed over the past 20+ yrs of business.

  14. #14evelinak2024-08-26 01:23

    Thanks for the information!

  15. #15treemuncher2024-08-26 08:08

    Recent find: Highway Radar phone app Works as a crowdsource app for realtime locations of road hazards and police speed traps, be they ground, camera or air based. This app works with the Waze system and uses bluetooth technology to integrate into some of the newer radar detectors for instant updates from other users. Easy to report current road hazards as you find them to warn others. A very flexible app with lots of customizable options. I don't speed in my commercial vehicles but it is nice to be aware of "road hazards" of any kind. A RD is a must-have for my motorcycle time in case I forget what my current pace is....... Looking forward to the new Uniden R8 with BT!

  16. #16evelinak2024-08-28 17:07

    Thanks for the information!