Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

feller buncher converted to wheel loader??

Jasexc ยท 2016-04-27 21:56

pretty self explanatory really. i could use a feller bunches some and a wheel loader for some so seams like a good idea but I've never ran a feller bunches before. Would it work ok?

Replies2
  1. #1mitch5042016-04-27 22:59

    It's been done, it works ok for scoop and carry, pushing out rock, etc. but most feller bunchers can't lift their bucket higher than 5 or 6', unless you changed arms, and that would be a hassle.

  2. #2old-iron-habit2016-04-28 00:26

    I adapted a bucket to fit my Hydro Ax a number of years ago. As mitch504 stated it works OK for a scoop of gravel in a hole or for moving snow around the landing. It would never get close to height to load a truck. I had a old bucket so all it cost me was time to adapt pins perches and it was still bearly worth while. My buncher would also have been two slow for loader work and was trying my patience just moving snow.