I'm about to purchase a new trailer for my tak tl150. I'm looking at a felling ft-18-3 E its a tri axle drop deck bumper pull. Going to be towing with a F550. Anyone have a similar trailer? Is felling a good brand? From what I can see they are a good company. Just looking for some input. Thanks
trailers I dont know anything about Felling, but my questions on any trailer would be 1. what is the weight capacity for the trailer? Does the rating include the weight of the trailer? 2. I dont like tri-axles, they tend to throw the tires off the rims, off one of the axles. I really like a gooseneck, I have a 10 ton, gooseneck, tilt bed and this is the way to go, but its more expensive this way but what a breeze to load and unload 3. 550 will be good to haul this with. 4. 18ft will haul the machine, but if you have any attachments, it maybe too short, for the weight distribution (bridge law) I would think maybe 16/18ft flat and 4-5ft dove tail with ramps Trailers are like buying a hauling truck, if you dont do it right the first time, you will have to deal with a bad situation later. I hope that makes sense. Have you got any pictures?
Here's a picture...... http://www.felling.com/trailers/drop-deck/eseries/ft-18-3de.asp
Yeaht thats the trailer in the pic. I'm going with a 20' flat deck. Goose neck isnt an option for me due to to many tools in the utility body of the truck. As far as specs its all there, I just don't know much about Felling.
Heres the trailer I ended up with. Couldn't be happier.
Looks like a nice trailer. I like how they build in the pockets for the forks. DOT requires a machine to be chained down on all four corners. Around here the check for that.
Yeah same here. I have the front chains crossed using 2 binders. Can't really see in the picture. The back has a chain and binder on each corner.
Very nice set-up.
Felling trailers are top quality imo. I have one and have had no problems whatso ever.
looks sweet.....
Made in MN!!! Nice choice. How heavy is it? Felling's pretty well known for being pretty hefty