Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fermec 650 3-Point not raising

cpt9503 ยท 2024-03-23 12:07

Greeting all, Just joined and I'm hoping to get some help or at least pointed in the right direction. I have a 1998 Fermec 650 and the 3-point hitch is not raising. I had the hydraulic lift piston replaced and still not raising. Ideally I would like to be able to track down a service/repair manual and if not maybe someone can direct me on how to test the pump or other suggestions. Thanks Mark

Replies3
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-03-23 17:57

    Where does the hyd. flow come from, the main hydraulic pump or an internal pump? I know on some ** tractors (Fermec were originally **) there is an internal coupler that runs the pump that can break. I think the coupler is for the PTO shaft as well. I don't know if later industrial models were the same or not. Sometimes the side control levers for the 3pt. can come loose and need adjusting and/or tightening. Does your machine have a PTO? If so maybe it has to be engaged for the 3pt. to work??

  2. #2cpt95032024-03-23 18:03

    Thanks for the reply. My mechanic is thinking it's an internal pump but without a service manual he's not 100% sure. I'll pass your reply on to him.

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-03-23 18:07

    There could be a plugged filter or strainer if it's an internal pump too.