Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Few Cat Pull Pan Pics

fensoncont. ยท 2008-01-23 16:21

Hey guys, I found these on the web, owned by a company is Illinois, posting because I saw the discussion on the topic with the 9H's w/463's.

Replies16
  1. #1DPete2008-01-23 16:54

    The cat & can is pretty scarce here in Ca. I have one and alot of guys make fun of it. It is the most versitile piece of equipment I own and has bailed me out a number of times. When the going get tough call in the crawler. If the haul gets to far, I park it.

  2. #2992G2008-01-24 18:08

    Very common pieces of equipment found all over Northern Illinois. It looks like the pictures are of a company called G.A. Blocker.

  3. #3fensoncont.2008-01-24 20:51

    GA Blocker is correct.

  4. #4Countryboy2008-01-24 22:01

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums 992G! :drinkup

  5. #5xcavate772008-01-28 10:45

    Fenson, I have a couple of short mpg videos of 2 9H's w 463 pans running between cuts if you are interested. It will have to be by e-mail because they are pretty big files (around 15MB)

  6. #6Neil D2008-01-28 13:39

    ecavate77 any chance you could send me copies? Thanks Neil

  7. #7xcavate772008-01-28 13:56

    here's a couple of a 9R & 631 pan being top loaded

  8. #8bluemeate2008-01-30 00:38

    pretty sweet pic right thur

  9. #9637slayer2008-01-30 01:18

    good pics, seems weird loading a scraper in that setup, unless that slope he was loading off of was really really long, seems like a wheeled scraper could load right down a slope like that, unless he was just fixing the top up so they could eventually load down it. :beatsme

  10. #10Renfroe Grading2008-02-09 00:14

    Looks like they are pulling the slope back.

  11. #11637slayer2008-02-10 05:52

    after looking at it again it looks steeper than i thought, it just seems like the hoe would sling his dirt out and the scrapers would load it on the go.

  12. #12xcavate772008-02-11 10:19

    637, this was a pic of a 345 digging a big basement for a new DOT station, we had to top load due to the fact that the area where the hole was would not acommodate (sp) laying out the dirt, way too short. Also we werent running them down the slope because the bottom had to be +/- one tenth and the same area restrictions didnt allow an entrance/exit ramp. Thanks for your interest and keep the questions coming.

  13. #13Dozerwrench2015-06-29 16:12

    I know this is old thread , but its new to me!And since i was surprised when I saw my scrapers pictured , thought I would add a few more recent.

  14. #14clintm2015-06-30 22:52

    keep posting are they really cheaper than wheeled scrapers or more versatile whats the benefit of them micnnich (spelling??) done a road job here about 10-12 years ago i watched them for a couple of hrs think they were using d10's

  15. #15Killbox Alpha2015-07-05 18:54

    You used to see track type tractors pulling scraper pans more than you do now. I see alot of ag tractor and pan combos running around. Wonder what the cost comparison was on a track type and large scraper vs an ag tractor and 25yd pan? Nice pics by the way.

  16. #16nicky 68a2015-08-17 03:53

    Two of the tractor and boxes on their 1st job of the year back in May.No rust on them now! I love your modern pull pans.