a few old iron pics [/ATTACH]
Never seen an alloy split rim before , scary.i like it though, i coulda bought a 1965 b model mack for a grand once but that was way before trucks became my passion/ career
I still have a few of them hangin around
I remember the barefoot pedals. Weird seeing one in a truck.
the old gal`s in pretty bad shape, but as some say if it casts a shadow its fixable
I have seen worse, im from michigan, park brake chambers rust out so bad there you have to torch the spring into free moving pieces just to make them safe to change .
have had some like that `snuck up behind them and cut the mounting bolts off, where in mich?
I toyed with the idea of using a pair of those we had sitting in the bone yard to mount to my Farmall BN tractor. They would have replaced the Ag tires it has. Was thinking some worn out 20 inch or what ever they were would be easier on my lawn when mowing! Still like the idea of a polished pair of alloy rims on the back of a Farmall BN!
well will they bolt up? would be something the neighbor don`t have
Not a direct bolt up. I was thinking I could have just had the welder at work flame cut some rings out of say 1/2 inch plate. Then drilled two sets of holes, inner set to fit the axle of the Farmall and outer set to fit the alloy rims. I figured the slow speed of the tractor close would be close enough. Top speed of the BN is 9.3 mph in 4th and mowing in 3rd would be all of 4.5 mph!
doable` there`s a possibility something off the shelf would work too