Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Few questions about RX400

IHateTack ยท 2013-01-28 19:50

Hi Guys. Recently our Rx400 reached 1000 hours and this year they are wanting in-house maintenance on all machines. Our mechanics aren't really experienced with Roadtec equipment especially something like a mill. They've ran into a few issues and I just wanna get some real info on our problems. We've had issues with our parking brake, its basically obsolete. What is the procedure for adjusting the brakes or does this call for some kind of replace/rebuild of the system? Ill ask my other questions later. Would love the help. Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1griz2013-01-29 18:20

    pm sent, griz

  2. #2milling_drum2013-01-31 00:49

    Um, If you get into a situation where you have to hop some iron and do it tight, you might need that parking brake. On the older mills they were a simple cap and plug to a line, I didn't get enough time with the 400 I was with this year to be honest in reply. I'd keep it hooked up if I was you.