Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Few random Field Service Pics!!!

CAT793 ยท 2009-01-04 01:56

Here are some pics from the last 10 years of Field Service!!( sorry to the guys who visit DHS it will be old news). We need a Dump Truck section! 2x 793 had a stack! Needed extensive frame repairs DEMAG H655 or Komatsu PC8000 (you choose) 250 Tonne Drake Float for recovering dead Dirt Taxi's P&H 5700 Komatsu D575 with a dead heart! Dresser Haulpac 830 and some UGLY MUPPET!!!

Replies11
  1. #1EZ TRBO2009-01-04 07:35

    Pretty neat pics, working on large iron, while not always fun, is always interesting. Trbo

  2. #2jughead2009-01-04 09:02

    makes this old man tired just thinking about the labor working on this kind of stuff. got burned out after working on cars and pick-up truck for 40 years.

  3. #3AtlasRob2009-01-04 15:51

    Dirt taxi ! :lmao:lmao thats a new one on me :thumbsup

  4. #4Madmark732010-04-30 21:37

    I remember that job...a little messy ... Lydiard should have swept it up...

  5. #5Cat Dr.2010-05-02 19:53

    Truck 12 and 88 from memory?

  6. #6Madmark732010-05-02 23:16

    Better memory than me mate!

  7. #7Cat Dr.2010-05-03 00:07

    I was on the night it happened, that how stacker got his name..... Boycey, Vaughan and I recovered 88....

  8. #8Madmark732010-07-27 23:12

    YouTube - Caterpillar and Mining A few slides in here might bring back some memories!

  9. #9John C.2010-07-28 20:02

    I didn't mind working on the really big stuff as the first tool you have to have is at least a 50 ton crane. It's the stuff that is just barely too big to man handle that gets you. Companies will also purchase things like hydraulic torque wrenches and nice power tools for the big stuff. For the guys that could only afford the small to medium stuff they couldn't afford the tools. The other thing about really big stuff is you usually only climb up it once or twice before you start bringing all you need the first time. I found I got tired fixing the fifty ton range more than any of the monsters.

  10. #10oldseabee2010-07-29 10:01

    I remember setting up a Michigan 675 at Drummond Coal in Alabama back in late 70's. 24 yard loader came on site on 9 tractor trailers had 2 cranes on site and a bunch of big timbers for blocking. No mistakes allowed, this big stuff will kill you.

  11. #11Cat Dr.2010-08-26 20:43

    Your right, a few fairly recognisable moments in there!