I have an old 1998 Fiat Hitachi FH130-3. I replaced both batteries and since then the electronic throttle wont power up the way it used to. I cannot find a manual for the machine and wondered if anyone can give any advice on how to set up the four throttle modes? A local mechanic mentioned pushing the buttons in a certain sequence to access the setup mode but couldn't remember how to do it. At the minute power mode should be flat out but its half revs. Eco mode is low revs, and the two lower settings are ticking over/no additional revs. I have searched through various forums and guide pages but cannot find anything on the dash 3 throttle set up. The auto throttle has worked perfectly since i bought the machine 13 years ago so i would like to keep it working, if possible, rather than replacing with a lever and cable... Thanks for your help.
The Fiat Hitachi is a rebrand of the regular Hitachi excavators. There was a learn function for the throttle controller that involved a toggle switch behind the seat on the operator's left side. I might have that somewhere in one of the old files somewhere in one of my old computers if someone doesn't post it first.
Thanks John C, I will have a look at the weekend. I haven't noticed one before now. Is it in the area of the fuse holders and relays?
Hi John, I had a check for a toggle switch and can't see one. I think mine must be before the switch was introduced. Would you have any other suggestions on setting the throttle controller?
Can you take a photo of the monitor and control panel plus the area behind the operator seat? On the Hitachi machines the learn switch was below the fuse panel on the right side as you are looking back from the operator seat. I think you had to take off the cover to be able to see it.
Here the page from a Hitachi manual that might cover it for your machine.
Hi John, See attached pictures
And again.
The control panel looks the same as what I'm familiar with but the location of the fuses is different. I haven't seen a processor box that rusted out. I don't think I can do you much good. Hopefully someone will be along soon because you posted the photos. Good Luck
Ok thanks for getting back to me. Its a handy old machine when its going so hopefully someone out there can shed some light on it.