I am having problems with my AD12 steering clutches. I can start the machine and clutches work perfectly only have to touch brake pedal and machine turns but within 5 minutes clutches stop working altogether. Have put all new Viton "O"rings in distributor valve, new "O"rings from rear to pump, replaced pump with new pump, replaced all filters to no avail. Can anyone tell me where else to look.
Have you changed the O rings on the pistons inside the clutch? If not, its not that bad, remove the tank ect and have the machine in a spot where you can roll it along so you can undo the bolts around the clutch and lift it with a sling. From memory to get the pistons out (once the clutch is out) GENTLY blow some compressed air in the oil supply hole and they will come out. I had a AD12 a time ago but it was 15 - 20 years since we did the clutches so I may have a little KRAFT!! Best of luck. I havent been on the site for a while but I will keep a lookout for your reply. Cheers.
Gardin 2250 I was hoping not to have to go that far, and the reason I have not is that the clutches release perfectly for the first few minutes before they stop working. I have replaced the oil, the filters, the o rings, the pump. It's not making sense as the machine is not getting hot enough to say thinning of oil would be doing it. If the clutch O rings were the problem it should be hard to turn right from start up. When I first cleaned filters out it went for an hour no problems at all that's what has me beat. Oil was clean when I drained it out IE no metal in it. Have you had the first filter unbolted from the housing as I am starting to think it may be behind there maybe the pickup pipe is cracked but it should not be as it should be bolted inside housing.
I hope I dont ruin your day but I went down the same road with ours and it wasnt till we changed the O rings that we solved it. The oil doesnt take too long at all to warm up in the clutches when it is first used, particularly when you are having to use the brakes a lot to get them to let go. Provided that the right grade of oil is in the system my bet is on the O rings, they will be as hard as stone. Dont be too worried about doing the job as it looks worse than it is. I hope you have some luck with it.Cheers.
Yeah I realize now that you are right, new pump upped the pressure and O rings obviously couldn't take it as no steering clutch working at all now. Jobs not a problem have done it before just getting the time to do it is. Thanks for your help. Gary
the oil is not sucking up to the pump all lines and filters have been cleaned out