Any ideas about this Step on one brake and both tracks stop New brake bands, new filters, new pump, power cylinders torn apart and re built. Any clues to what I could be missing Call me if you can Rusty at 330-227-3124 or email me [email protected]
Yair . . . Rusty46401 I have done a few hours on what I thought was a 14C and it had steering clutches and brakes operated by hand levers . . . the travel disengaged the clutch and then actuated the brake. I assume it had a foot brake for stopping I just can't remember, I know that after many thousands of hours on conventional tractors I found it unintuitive and couldn't see the point. If yours is like this the foot operated control may be for stopping/holding only . . . nothing to do with steering I am just thinking aloud here and there are folks on here who will know. Cheers.
Tell us about your tractor Rusty. I replied to your question in the loader section, but if it's a dozer it will be a slightly different linkage arrangement.
Thank you so much for replying. It is a Fiat Allis 14C and the serial number is 051184. I sent away for a manual twice for serial number 050101 and up and they ended up being the same book and not having anything to do with my machine. When I apply either brake both tracks stop. The following list are the things I have already done. Replaced both brake bands. Cleaned entire brake system. Rebuilt power cylinders that operate brakes My machine has valves up front by the steering clutch handles which operate two small cylinders that apply the brakes and I cleaned and replaced all o-rings. Installed new brake hydraulic pump which is the type that is the transmission pump and brake pump together. I have bled the machine several times with no result. I installed 2 new filters. I know that I have no lines crossed because I took photographs before I disassembled it and double checked the photos and all lines are where they originally were. Before I worked on brakes, I had only a right brake and right steering clutch that worked correctly. Left steering clutch worked only sporadically after the machine warmed up. I took brake distribution valve to a hydraulic shop and had them tear it down and clean it and replace o rings. After the brakes were completely done, I have left and right brakes and if you step on either brake it stops both tracks. And neither steering clutch works. What insight can you give me. I would appreciate any input you can give me. Respectfully, Rusty Rogers
Yair . . . Rusty46401 I am a bit thrown by the above statement. You do realise that if neither steering clutch is working and you have good brakes applying either brake could stop both tracks by stalling converter at low revolutions . . . engine will lug of course. I spent a lot of time teaching folks to disengage clutch and only then plant foot on brake as needed. Combined systems such as yours (I believe) evolved to simplify operation but it has added a level of complexity to adjustment and diagnosing problems. Hang in there, I believe Queenslander has a tractor such as yours and there are others on here who can talk you through this. Cheers.
Rusty, There may be a few differences between your tractor and the ones sold here and this could be one of them. The 14Cs sold here were all Italian built and superceeded, in about 1985, by the turbocharged FD14D. I believe some US Cs were Italian built and some Brazillian, all naturally aspirated(?) and marketed right throughout the eighties, skipping the D series. Our machine doesn't have the valves you mentioned and the brakes operate with the pedals only. It does sound like an issue with the valve block though.
Thank you for your help.
check steering pressure should be about 340psi brake relief pressure is about 400psi relief valves may be stuck or out of adjustment
Rusty, I ran your problem past my parts supplier when I was talking to him today. It seems that your tractor is almost identical to the D series we have here, except maybe for the turbo motor. He has had a lot of experience with this series and has never seen the symptoms that your machine has. Just at a glance, he thought the only area where pressure transfer could take place between brakes and clutches would be around the trimmer valve, No.17 on the schematic. Other than that, he suggested we drop the valve block in for him to calibrate....I didn't tell him you were 10000 miles away! If you like, I can try emailing these to you... may be a little clearer. Cheers, Greg